Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Three men and a sinking dinghy. Oh, and Diane Abbott too.

It appears that we now know who's going to be fighting it out to lead Labour to their next electoral defeat. The choice is now between Ed Balls, Andy Burnham, David Miliband and his brother Ed Miliband.

Oh, and Diane Abbott just about scraped a place in there too. It seems that Harriet Harman was amongst those who saved her bacon. The same Harriet Harman who said a few weeks ago she'd be staying a million miles away from the leadership election. It seems intervention and Harriet are like two peas in a pod when it comes to political convenience. Nice to know she's keeping to the usual pattern - you know, saying that she believes in all-female shortlists except when her husband is standing for election. You hypocritical little shit.

So, who do you want to win the election? I'm loathe to agree with Ellie Gellard on anything, but I'm backing Ed Balls. Not for the same reasons as our Ellie, you understand. For you see, I think Ed Balls will be absolutely disastrous for Labour. He's easily the most divisive, tribal and useless one of the lot. With him in charge, Labour will see many, many more defeats at the polls. Therefore, I say to Labour - vote for Blinky!

balls-awful.jpg

As for everyone else, what are your thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    David Milliband.

Though what the party would really need is someone completely dettached from the New Labour project. A fresh start. There is much to kick the new coalition government for, and Labour could be back in power in 5 years if they play their cards right, but they need to separate themselves from New Labour and its many ugly policies.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    As for everyone else, what are your thoughts?

I'm more amazed that you had the maturity not to keep using the 'c' word. Thank you! :)
    Teagan wrote: »
    I'm more amazed that you had the maturity not to keep using the 'c' word. Thank you! :)

We could always try to bait him...

gordon-brown.jpg
    Aladdin wrote: »
    We could always try to bait him...

:lol: Awesome move!
    If true equality existed, would it be such a shock if women were not represented?
    Who should win is probably Ed Miliband - who will win is probably Diane Abbot as the Labour party retreats to its roots, same as they did in 79 and the Tories in 97.
    Where's the one-legged lesbian Muslim transsexual who only speaks Punjabi? So much for Labour attempting to be representative of the population.

Aladdin, you're supporting the banana-waver? I thought you could do much better than that. I think Miliband would be bad, but I don't think he's capable of the sheer awfulness that Ed Balls is. Besides, imagine the headlines in the tabloids under his leadership. Doing badly in the polls? "Balls swings it away from Labour". Blunder in the party? "A right Balls up". Threats against his leadership? "Balls on the chopping block". He's a tabloid editor's wet dream, and unlikely to do much damage to the country.

Unless the people of much of Wales, Scotland and Northern England keep to tradition and vote for whoever's wearing a red rosette. In that case, we're fucked. Really fucked.

Oh yes, and the thread title should read "Four men and a sinking dinghy. Oh, and Diane Abbott too". Quite a fail on my part. Should any moderators pass by, please feel free to amend it accordingly. Now I'm off to the corner.

dunce-778614.jpg