Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Question about friends

Hey guys

I could use some opinions on something.

I've been thinking about a few of my friends. I've known a couple of them since secondary school.

For the past year though, some things have happened that have made me not want to talk to them anymore.

The first guy I've never fully trusted because of his personality. He looks out for number one and has exploited situations in the past to get what he wants.

The second guy is too much of slacker. He makes all these big plans but goes something really dumb to mess it up and then he just whines about it. An example would be making timetables to study for his exams but then just goes away and gets stoned with his friends. Then coming to me whining hes going to fail his exams because he didn't study. He does this all the time.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it bad that I don't want to associate with them anymore? How would you tell someone this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think we should hang about people who make us feel good, and who we enjoy their personalities.

I think lessen your contact with these persons, and they should get the picture. Life is too short to hang about people who don't like, or don't enjoy spending time around.
    Anyway, I was wondering, is it bad that I don't want to associate with them anymore? How would you tell someone this?

No, of course not. Friendships do run their course, and sometimes it is better to cut your losses and then to keep flogging something.

You can either tell them how you feel, or if you dont think that will go down well, then you need to cut off/lessen contact with them and hope they get the hint.
    I agree with purplebutterfly, though I think it might be easier to ease off contact with them and only spell it out to them if they don't get the hint.
    It sounds like the second person is going through a rough time, personally I wouldn't give up on him