Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eurovision, Anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm watching it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wassup with the turkish robocop?
    just me? fine then :P
    Im watching it too :d
    And Me! :d

I was thinking about the last person
    "wow i hope she doesn't knock herself out with her boobs. no sympathy points here!"
    I was dancing along with France :hyper:
    The Uk's entry was a disaster :') the last two big notes failed bit time :lol:
    The Uk's entry was a disaster :') the last two big notes failed bit time :lol:

it wasn't that bad, the backing singers sounded out of tune a bit.
    it wasn't that bad, the backing singers sounded out of tune a bit.

:yes:

I agree. It wasn't so bad, just didn't like the backing singers.
    favorites?
    France
    Azerbaijan :thumb:

Dont you think the guy singing for Serbia was very pretty
    Bar the entry from Belgium, (which consisted of a man on stage with a guitar and nothing else) I think the general quality of tonight's Eurovision was... bloody awful as ever, to be honest.

At the time of writing this, it looks like the Germans have won. Not unless some kind of miracle happens to one of the other countries in the next few minutes anyway. Shall update this if I can be arsed afterwards.

UPDATE @ 11.15pm: Germany have indeed won it by quite some margin. Guess who came last?

Yep, the UK.
    I'm guessing the German entry isn't quite so hilarious if you're not a native English speaker. Sounds like a dodgy Kate Nash tribute act.
    I wanted Belarus, just for the ridiculous dresses :P
    I didn't see this thread earlier but it was great to have seen the expectations Icelanders had for Iceland and the actual points we received. :D

The 50% telephone vote and 50% judge panel is definitely working better, this was more interesting to watch.
    Even though I'm no fan of Eurovision and haven't watched it since Gina G in 1996, I'm glad that we still have it. No matter how trashy it is, it's still a damn sight better than Pop Stars/Idols/Academy that tarnished the last decade.
    I made a long set of rules for a Eurovision drinking game, but we (my dad and I, keeping it in the family) ran out of wine early on :( they were ace rules too
    did we come last again? :D
    I just got in from a Eurovision party. I liked France and Portugal.

Yes, hurrah :)
    Eurovision drinking games messed my head up.
    I found the German girl's accent when she was singing really annoying. It was ok when she was just speaking though.
    I watched it but I don't know why- knew the UK would come last it is so predictable. I actually liked our song but agree that he missed the last two notes and not sure about the backing singers. Our problem is we always have a cheesey, outdated song, maybe years ago that would be good for eurovision but I actually think that more and more countries each year are delivering better songs, thought last night there were just a few really odd, rubbish songs but most were OK or good. France should have done better!!
    awful, went to a house party for it. never want to hear the word 'OPA!' again.

belgium was ok.
    I love that the majority of Britain just laugh about coming last. It's kind of hilarious.

Even when we come last in European events, our humour never fails us. Lets all just laugh. It masks the embarrassment.
    Im not that embarassed about a competition which is pretty much a laughing matter anyway.
    I loved the Belgium entry- had to catch up with the songs on you tube though as missed the show last night... the UK didn't really deserve more points in my opinion though.
    not really, because we came 25th out of 37. We got the fewest points on the night but the other 12 countries didn't make it through to the final, and so therefore we didn't really come last.

I watched it, because we are staying with people who wanted to watch it. I would not normally have watched it!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Not as hilarious as previous years. Too many serious entries and not enough Euro cheese. Wanted more silly costumes like the Belarus entry!
    It baffles me why we continue to send even half-serious acts when we are NEVER going to win again.

Next year I reckon Geraldine for Eurovision:

peter-kay_62340s.jpg