Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Girls are thick?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it girls seem totally stupid sometimes, but super intelligent the next.

Heres an example: Bf is beating her up, but she still loves him and wants to be with him. (stupid)

Gilr is able to see right through a blokes chat up lines and see he wants to just shag her (intelligence).

See im a real nice bloke, dont get many girls cos of the 'too nice' tag. Yet i see all these girls who'd do anything for their b/f, even if he has just kicked them in the legs, made them travel all the way across london, just to blow them out, and think their b/f is the best thing ever, when he isnt.

Please, someone explain to me the mechanics behind it all that can make girls so stupid at times. It boggles the mind, really it does, as sometimes they can be so clever!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    love is a hard thing to shatter... I think girls are generally smart unless we are speaking girls of my age (all of which hate me for unknown reasons if any).
    im a girl and i dont even know the answer to that one. i myself am always falling for total assholes and even though there is now a really nice lad wanting to go out with me im still hung up on my ex who treated me like crap. its weird!! i dont think u'll ever find an answer
    yeah this is really true its strange. dont think there is a real answer to your question, its just us girls! you always hear of girls getting messed around by thier boyfriends, cheated on and stuff like that but they still go back to them. makes you wonder why they wanna put up with that kind of crap when they dont have to. nice guys always seem to come second best to bad guys, i cant talk much cos i personally prefer bad guys but i just cant for the life of me figure out why. nice guys will clearly treat you better and be best for you in the long run, yet i still prefer bad guys. its strange.:confused:
    Re: Girls are thick?!
    Originally posted by NeoNero

Heres an example: Bf is beating her up, but she still loves him and wants to be with him. (stupid)

If a girls getting beat from her man she won't stay with him cuz she loves him, it's often bcos shes too scared to leave or feels that its her fault he's doing it.

To me there is no 'too nice' tag, if a guy wanna treat me nice, I ain't gonna stop him!

How come blokes always say what you said NeoNero but when it comes to real life the only lads I come across are playaz or wannabe playaz?!? Seriously annoying!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :D
    *sigh* Okay, here goes...

I don't think that many girls would deliberately choose a guy who they knew would beat them up, or constantly treat them like shit. But many guys who do treat women like that can also be charismatic, and here's the reason--they are actors. They charm women, suck them into a trap, and then abuse them. Once she realizes what an asshole he is, she's trapped. Whether physically, by fear, or by her own emotions. Many women think they can change the abuser, or the user. They think they are different. And so they stay.

It's very complicated. Some of these women are repeating earlier life experiences. For example, if they've grown up in an abusive home, it's what they're used to, and that's more comfortable than choosing a good guy, even if it would be better for them. They equate familiarity with safety. It's not usually a conscious equation either, because if you asked them straight out they would agree that a good guy would be safer and would treat them better.

Leaving is difficult for many reasons. Part of it is also that they will have to admit they were wrong and go crawling back to friends they've abandoned. This is hard to do either because of pride, or shame, because they've abandoned the people that really cared and didn't listen to good advice.

It's also easier for women with these kinds of experiences and insecurities to go out with the bad guys. Going out with a nice guy is scary, because if he turns out to not be a nice guy, you're very disappointed. But if you go out with a bad guy, you know from the beginning that he'll treat you like shit, so you're not as hurt emotionally that he does it. It would be more of a betrayal coming from a nice guy. And for women who are likely to fall into this kind of situation, trust is usually a huge issue, so they usually won't take the "nice guy" at face value, thus he seems more devious for pretending not to be a bastard.

It's one of my little fears that I'll fall in love with the perfect guy only to find out that he is an abusive bastard when it's too late to get out. I have trust issues, quite obviously, but I'm trying desperately hard not to repeat any of the patterns that I've described above.

I hope that made some sort of sense to you.
    The trouble with 'nice' guys is that they tend to be very shy, so wont have the confidence to puill in a club or whatever. The ones withj confidence are the ones who do it a lot, ie, they just use women.

Get to know girls away from clubs, and youll ahve more luck. Remember that the people you are most likely to pull in a club are the people you are least likely to want to pull.
    Ok that post described me down to a tee!

I used to have a boyfriend who beat me up an i kept going back to him over an over again....i dunno why, he wasnt even nice some of the time :(

Ever since i was little i've wanted to feel loved...dunno why probably cos i got bullied in my primary schools and they made me feel like a complete minger half the time. As long as i had someone who loved me i didnt care what they did to me...hence the bf above!

Because of that and other things i had going on i felt, and still feel,that i dont deserve a "nice" lad, i am permantently on self-destruct mode. I have this thing that because of who i am i only deserve lads who'll treat me like shit...dunno why :(

For some reason when i was about 12/13 i started hanging around with the wrong people. All of sudden it was you went out with the most popular lad or you were nothing, unfortunately these lads were usually complete twats and to save face you let them do what they wanted :(

I've seriously fucked up my life because of that. Some girls build up a reputation that they have all the confident, loud popular lads and they dont want to ruin that by gettin with someone a little less than that. Thats probably why nice lads get shelved.

Ok that all made no sense but just to let everyone know, not all girls are like that....just people like me :)
    Maybe it's insecurity and simple gender diffrences? I've known girls who stay with assholes, but I've also known men who stay with complete bitches.

At the end of the day, it could be about self-esteem, or just looking for excuses all the time.

As for the 'too nice' tag, I think that's sweet and you'll find a girl eventually.
    I'll answer later. :(
    Re: Re: Girls are thick?!
    Originally posted by Nellyluva2

If a girls getting beat from her man she won't stay with him cuz she loves him, it's often bcos shes too scared to leave or feels that its her fault he's doing it.

To me there is no 'too nice' tag, if a guy wanna treat me nice, I ain't gonna stop him!

How come blokes always say what you said NeoNero but when it comes to real life the only lads I come across are playaz or wannabe playaz?!? Seriously annoying!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :D

I could answer that by saying its cos you pick the wrong guys, but i hate being told i pick the wrong girls so i wont. Im a confidant guy, sometimes over confidant when i dont care, but i treat girls right, i spend stupid amounts of money on them sometimes, always see them, make sure i spend time with them, do what they wana do, try to take them to fun places or show them i love them, but in the end im always told im to nice or i dont argue enough or im treating the girl right when they dont want that (?!)

Anyways if a girl living in the london area, wants a nice sweet guy who isnt shy, you know where i am ;)
    i dont understand either and im a gurl?
    Re: Re: Re: Girls are thick?!
    Im a confidant guy, sometimes over confidant when i dont care, but i treat girls right, i spend stupid amounts of money on them sometimes, always see them, make sure i spend time with them, do what they wana do, try to take them to fun places or show them i love them, but in the end im always told im to nice or i dont argue enough or im treating the girl right when they dont want that

Where you been all my life....?! :D
    Girls are thick!

No no no, you see, have you ever said or done something completely wrong and hoped nobody saw or heard what you just did? And then you do something quick and useful to redeem yourself? 'Cause that is just it... Girls ARE thick as they come (Proven fact, read Times iss.139 p.27 par3 4th line... it is all in there. They're dumb. Period.

Gilr is able to see right through a blokes chat up lines and see he wants to just shag her (intelligence).

As I said: they're dumb. Period

See im a real nice bloke, dont get many girls cos of the 'too nice' tag. Yet i see all these girls who'd do anything for their b/f, even if he has just kicked them in the legs, made them travel all the way across london, just to blow them out, and think their b/f is the best thing ever, when he isnt.

Please, someone explain to me the mechanics behind it all that can make girls so stupid at times. It boggles the mind, really it does, as sometimes they can be so clever!
    :DHeres an example: Bf is beating her up, but she still loves him and wants to be with him. (stupid)

Don't trouble yourself mate, it has been a proven fact for over 600 years that girls are naturally made to irritate men, it is just that some twat keeps on redeeming them in the social scales. (Someone has to stop doing that, they just don't belong here).
    All you have to do is write about their actual pointless being on this earth. Look at it this ways, man made modern society, what the f##k did the woman do? F##k all! In fact, the only thing the female can grasp on for reason of existance is the fact that she is the only form of reproduction available to man. Thir biggest fear is the Test-Tube Baby, ever since it has been proven to be better birth method than feutal births (less bragging, better single-parent families) they've realised that they have some catching up to do. And the only catching up girls can do are with the mongrel twat they first find and can't be fucked to swap around. (All the cool ones are taken by a sad bast#rd who treats them 1/100th the way proper guys like us would. All this turns nice guys nasty!
    Homosexuality could be considered as man's early response to unconsiderate females.

Have you ever noticed how girls bragg on about their man doing this and their man not doing that! They make it sound as if the male's only sensitive organ is inbetween his legs. Us males like having our skin caressed like all those females out there, we want more foreplay from you, we want more tongue, we want more squeeze... But they just won't do it... Arrogance and Self-centeredness comes to mind... So if you like a girl, she's hot and cool and safe... spit in her face, bury her parents, beat her a couple of times a week and she will just love you back (yup, that's the only way it'll work read the other messeges, they're so thick even THEY don't know why. But if you ever be nice to them, kind, helpful and considerate... expect all the above to be done to you... Girls are constantly (24/7/365) fickle, the moment you walk out of their sight, they don't know you, and if you show you actually feel for them or like them in any way, they'll make sure you stop liking them. By treating you like dirt. If you like that... knock yourself out, otherwise...

To all the girls in the world that are going out with a prick whilst mistreating or ignoring the real nice guys after you: Hope you catch something in the process... Biatch!

Tankvermuch for your time... Angelhope
    :rolleyes: @Angelhope.

I have been in a kind of similarish situation (not physical abuse or anything like that mind you!) and the only reason I stayed with him was because I was blinded by love and thought that he loved me.
    That's the only reason. It inevitably messed me up but that's not important and I'd probably just get messages from the more harsh amongst you saying I deserve it. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

I really don't see what use these 'Oh, girls are thick', 'Oh, all men are bastards' arguments are and in my opinion are just silly and petty. Like Creeper said, men can be just as stupid as girls and women can be just as bastardly (tee hee, new word I think :) ) as men. All very annoying.

Bed now.
    Gurlz jus luv beeing treeted like SHIT!

BLINDED BY LOVE, that's a nice one, I'll use that one the next time I'll rob a bank, perhaps they'll let me off, what do you think?
    This is what happens to nice nice people who treat women like gold: They get pissed on for the continuity of their lives untill the poor souls conclude their thriving hopes and direct themselves to an affectionate homosexual future since there is no hope for them. Whereas 2 or three girls don't mind sharing the same ass of a male, why? 'Coz he treats them like shit and blinds them with love... yeh right... admit it... You're all thick. The males, from your perspective better if they are huge, butt-ugly Gazzas with a football instead of a brain and a fiesta instead of a life...

And for the girls that claim that they actually DO like nice guys: (bigger chances in finding a live dinosaur)
    I'll believe them when I see them.
    You don't know me and obviously you don't know what it's like to be completely in love with someone because if you did you wouldn't be acting like such a prick.
    Re: Gurlz jus luv beeing treeted like SHIT!
    Originally posted by Angelhope
    BLINDED BY LOVE, that's a nice one, I'll use that one the next time I'll rob a bank, perhaps they'll let me off, what do you think?
    This is what happens to nice nice people who treat women like gold: They get pissed on for the continuity of their lives untill the poor souls conclude their thriving hopes and direct themselves to an affectionate homosexual future since there is no hope for them. Whereas 2 or three girls don't mind sharing the same ass of a male, why? 'Coz he treats them like shit and blinds them with love... yeh right... admit it... You're all thick. The males, from your perspective better if they are huge, butt-ugly Gazzas with a football instead of a brain and a fiesta instead of a life...

And for the girls that claim that they actually DO like nice guys: (bigger chances in finding a live dinosaur)

Okay, I'm sensing maybe you've had a bit of a bad experience in the past, nice to see that your not bitter. :p
    A nice person that would treat me like gold would certainly not get pissed on, well only if he asked for it;) :p , Oh, and by the way I am a girl that likes nice guys, so believe it cuz we do exist.
    Re: Gurlz jus luv beeing treeted like SHIT!
    Originally posted by Angelhope

How you vex me so, you scummy piece of shit.

Do you actually realise any of what you write? Are you so completely uncomprehending of the true meaning of your words? An insensitive soul such as you deserves no love in this world, and with the attitude you have chosen, no sane man would contrive to believe any will come your way. You certainly will win no hearts with your less than eloquent rhapsodising, on par perhaps with that of my significantly younger siblings.

As for learning how to recieve an opinion in a polite and correct manner, can I suggest you take lessons from an unkempt oaf to reach the next level of social grace? The dear lady Daisy has offered an opinion based on painful personal experience, and your ignorance of her words is clear for all but yourself to see. She points out that significant others of a calm and mild temperament are, superficially, easy to come by. But once any form of love has manifested itself upon the two intimate bodies, it often becomes hard to see the true nature of ones significant other.

So dare I suggest, dear shit, you take this lesson in good stead, and maybe realise that it is the ability to show ones natural colours at first glance that may win you more females than you concievably deserve. Now fuck off and die, cunt.
    Re: Re: Gurlz jus luv beeing treeted like SHIT!

I'm not saying that I don't agree with what you said Turtle, but wasn't that a bit harsh?
    'Fuck off and die cunt'???
    Jesus, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you. :eek:
    And here’s me thinking my views on girls are fucked up and twisted, You make me seem good Angelhope.

I personally think girls under the age of Age of 25 are somewhat stupid in the love department, They confuse love and sex as the same. That why they can be “blinded by love” whereas the man simply see her as an easy lay:(

No offence to you Daisychainthing

The girls I meet are thick and stupid, I’ve got countless girl mate’s that are with shit heads blokes that should be with a nice guy like me. Maybe If I had some bottle I could tell this girl-friend and I can give them Love, respect and great sex;) that she deserves

P.S I don't think any girl on this board is thick, You all seem very mature and kind, (Well most of you) and your not stupid.

I'm in a nice mood today:)
    You sound like complete scum, if you hate women so much then go and find a man to be with.

To answer the original topics, everyone is stupid at times. Girls and boys. You can't group an entire sex together and say "boys are bastards", "girls are thick". I have had bad experience after bad experience with blokes but it doesn't mean that I hate them all. I know there are nice ones out there, they just don't want to know me, that is my issue.

As some of you know, I was with someone who hit me, I don't think I am thick. Confused, desperate and vulnerable, yes. Until you are in that situation yourself, you can't really comment.
    Well, this one has completely degenerated.

OK everybody - man-hating comments are not welcome here, and woman-hating comments are not welcome either. All men are not bastards, all women are not bitches.

Give it a rest and make a few intelligent comments from time to time.
This discussion has been closed.