Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is this reasonable for graduation?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i really like this dress http://www.boohoo.com/FashionClothing/index.php?id=AZZ87655&code=AZZ87655-174-18&size=10&color=YELLOW

graduation is on 15 july, so hopefully it will be sunny!

is this ok do you think or too short? i know we'll be wearing robes so no one will see anyway but i'm going out for lunch after with my mum and my boyfriend so wanted to look nice. i just have nightmare visions of being 'THAT girl' if everyone is gonna be wearing pencil skirts or black dresses.

the only dress stipulation we have is:
Appropriate dress
The University requests that graduands dress appropriately for the formal occasion of their graduation - a shirt with a collar and tie and a suit or jacket and trousers for gentlemen, dress, skirt and smart top for ladies. Graduands are very welcome to wear national dress. The University does not permit the wearing of any form of fancy dress for congregation. Those who are not dressed appropriately will not be admitted to the degree congregation.

Please note that the Cathedral steps can be slippery so please wear sensible footwear.

Comments