Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Post of the week

Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
Hello,

Once again it's time to recommend your favourite posts you've seen over the last few days.

Please post your suggestions here...

Olly

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This one

Even if just because it put the image of CptCoatHanger nekkid in my head :o:D.
    Franki wrote: »
    This one

Even if just because it put the image of CptCoatHanger nekkid in my head :o:D.

Ha, was just about to suggest the very same thing.
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    *bump* One nomination? Is that it? Come on people...
    Olly_B wrote: »
    Come on people...

But that just makes them sticky.
    Olly_B wrote: »
    *bump* One nomination? Is that it? Come on people...
    It's because they all know my nomination will win. :yes:
    jamelia from blah's social services thread, not in a 'im on her side' kinda way, but i just really agreed with her.
    I think it's pretty unfair for people to be laying it on thick and twisting Blah's heartstrings even more than they already are. We can see how difficult this is for her and how much it's upsetting her, and she doesn't need to be guilt tripped and manipulated, she needs encouragement and support. It's clear to me that she knows what she wants to do and what she thinks is the best decision, and it's not up to us to try to change her mind.

It's very easy to be certain about what you would do in that situation when you're not actually in it.

maybe that's too long but it made me want to high five her :)
    maybe that's too long but it made me want to high five her :)

Ooh thanks. :blush:

High five! :wave: Well, that's a wave. But you catch my drift.
    :wave: :D
    jamelia from blah's social services thread, not in a 'im on her side' kinda way, but i just really agreed with her.

:thumb:

Jamelia gets my vote.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    If I was a dildo, I would be one of those oddly shaped ones with different extensions that have an vast application spectrum you need to explore yourself.

This made me laugh

I read the captain's post when totally off my rocks at about 3am last night. It struck me as very profound, I had a bit of a 'woooah' moment :D
    Clementine for This post

From the "How many people have you slept with" thread
    Please don't laugh but can someone explain how to nominate a post, i dont understand how you get a link from a particular post from one thread onto the potw thread:blush:
    Louisek wrote: »
    Please don't laugh but can someone explain how to nominate a post, i dont understand how you get a link from a particular post from one thread onto the potw thread:blush:

I click quote on the thread, and a new message box comes up with the quote in it. Copy the quote, cancel the new message and paste the quote here. You're away :P
    This one from How many People Have You Slept With
    Put it this way. If there's a key that opens many locks, it's called the master key. If there is a lock that is opened by many keys, it's not a very good lock.

All clear now?
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I click quote on the thread, and a new message box comes up with the quote in it. Copy the quote, cancel the new message and paste the quote here. You're away :P

Thankyou :thumb: (Thats not a nomination by the way lol )
    This one from How many People Have You Slept With

Ugh. I know that was a joke, but I really hope it doesn't win. Horrible sexist jokes shouldn't be allowed to win POTW! :grump:

Vote CptCoathanger, people.
    jamelia wrote: »
    Ugh. I know that was a joke, but I really hope it doesn't win. Horrible sexist jokes shouldn't be allowed to win POTW! :grump:

:yes:.

Much as I love Thunderstruck, and I did laugh at it at the time, it shouldn't be on the front page (sorry Louise!) :no:.

Plus I want another prize :D
    Thankyou :thumb: (Thats not a nomination by the way lol )

damn! :D
    jamelia wrote: »

It won't because people like you clearly can't take a joke :p

It was exactly the same a few years ago with another tasteless joke that I made which Pirate then nominated.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    But that just makes them sticky.

:lol::lol::lol: That made me laugh SO much.
    Xx
    It won't because people like you clearly can't take a joke :p

It was exactly the same a few years ago with another tasteless joke that I made which Pirate then nominated.

Nicely done. However I respond to this, you get to claim that I've proved your point.

Anyway, it's nothing to do with having a sense of humour. It's for the reason Franki pointed out.
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Evenstar wrote: »

One thing that is really useful is to copy the link to the post.

You can do this by right-clicking on the #number (eg #16) on the top right of each post and then press 'copy link location' (or similar words depending on your browser).

Then post that in to the message on this thread, and it makes it really easy for whoever is compiling the POTW poll, and everyone else, to find exactly which post you are referring to.

Olly