Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ritalin and Alcohol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine has a prescription and sometimes she and I will have few lines. I've never mixed it with alcohol, but my friend does it regularly. How worried should I be, realistically? Somehow it doesn't seem like a good idea, but it doesn't seem to do anything too scary in the short-term.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've done it, and there weren't any noticeable bad effects. It's not really a good idea to mix uppers and downers though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've done it, and there weren't any noticeable bad effects. It's not really a good idea to mix uppers and downers though.

Better than mixing downers and downers though. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Better than mixing downers and downers though. :D
    True that. I'd rather ritalin and booze than ket and booze any day :yuck:
    Okie-dokie, thanks :)
    I've done it and come to no harm. There's a difference between a bit of a dabble and someone really going overboard with things though.
    A friend of mine has a prescription and sometimes she and I will have few lines.

Lines of Ritalin? Really? You crazy kids! :D
    Yeah, it's not that easy though, as they aren't like normal pills to crush. Won't go into it on here though!