Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

App forms with pictures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got two application forms to fill in (they're just for carer jobs) and both of the forms ask for two passport pics to be attached to the form. I was just wondering why do you think they need a picture?

I've never had a form where they ask for a picture to be sent with it, I know it probably sounds stupid but im worried they'll judge on appearance if i send a bad picture (which ALL passport pictures are! im incapable of not looking like a convict). its not even like theres anything wrong with my appearance, i guess im just paranoid!

I was thinking of not attaching one but then I realised that would look pretty bad that I couldnt even be bothered to complete something they asked for haha.

x

Comments

• Options
    They might need them to create some sort of pass or ID card. I think a few places ask for them to speed up the process if you get the job.
  • Options
    Some places like a picture so that if they interview you and then have to discuss the candidates afterwards they know which one is which.
  • Options
    It will be for ID badges, a few places do ask for them with application forms so if they offer you the job they can get you a badge straight away. Alot of nursing agencies like NHSProffesionals do it :yes:
  • Options
    oh yes, that makes a lot of sense with the ID badges as i guess i'd be wearing one. didnt think of that! thanks all :) well i hope they'll be using my picture if i get it. ha.
  • Options
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    Honestly its not for a dartboard.

Id back up what people have said, its possible for an ID card, its also possible for post interview discussions, I tend myself to remember faces better than names.