Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I Think I have Postnatal depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a 7mont old baby and I am starting to think I have Postnatal depression as I just dont feel me anymore! I used to be nice, Friendly, socialable and now I dont want to be around people , Just want to be at home with my partner and Baby! Its hard to explain! If I go to the doctors what do I say! Surly I have should of picked up this earlier!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    its worth going to your doctor or your health visitor and telling them how youve been feeling.
    Having a baby does change you, and PND is very common.
  • Options
    i seem to be doing this a lot recently (not a spammer! don't kill me mods!) but try mumsnet.com.
    as much as i'd love to help i don't i'm not a mother, and while i know a few on here obviously there are much more over there, you might get some better advice from people who have come out the other side. stay here too though :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Surly I have should of picked up this earlier!:rolleyes:

Hey, try not to be hard on yourself - you have picked up on it and it's great that you want to get some support. There's a question in our askTheSite archive from a guy who wanted to get help for his girlfriend:

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/askthesiteqandas/mentalandemotionalhealthqandas/postnatalproblems

There's some good information in there that I hope you'll find helpful.

Take care and let us know how you get on. :)