Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

egyptian belly - bit of a minging topic! be warned!

ok, so i was away on holiday last week and nothing over there agreed with me. infact, everything went straight bloody through me for the whole holiday (despite not touching their water, even when brushing my teeth). i've managed to lose weight because of it! everything that has gone in has literally come straight back out like water.

anyway, i've been back since sunday night and my stomach is still churning loads and is still really upset. i ate normal english food yesterday. stuff that i know i can eat that doesn't upset my stomach but even thats gone right through me. ewww. minging topic, sorry.

should i be worried that i still have a poorly tummy? how long should i expect to have it for? i'm just worried as normally i have the problem of not being able to go at all whereas now and for the past week, it feels as though i've been on laxatives. its just doing my head in a bit. my stomach doesn't seem to be able to behave normally :banghead:

sorry, this thread really is a bit minging but you know...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I spent about three or four weeks weeing out of my bum after being in India. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water - perhaps use some of those rehydration packets. </quack advice>
  • Options
    i seem to rem a topic like this just recently actually... the girl had the same, but for a week after coming back, and the doc said it was food poisoning, hmmm... i'm not too sure on timescales, maybe try NHS direct or your pharmacy??
  • Options
    When I came back from Peru, my stomach wasn't right for a good couple of weeks. Sorry to be graphic but is it pure liquid or is it just very soft? Mine was the latter, which wasn't nice, but after living off chicken and rice for three weeks, I wasn't expecting much else. I was just glad I could go (one of the girls I was there with didn't go at all for the first two weeks). Try the rehydration stuff and lots of fibre and stuff like that. If you're very worried get it checked, but imo it's pretty normal.
  • Options
    no, its liquid :( well, it liquid most of the time and then the rest of the time its like liquid but thicker if you get me? ewwww, this is such a minging conversation, haha.

i'll buy some of that rehydration stuff today. i eat a high fibre diet (because i normally have the problem of only being able to go once or twice a fortnight!!!!!) so that won't be a problem.

just hope it sorts itself out soon. its actually all a bit weird as my appetite has disappeared too. i can't even eat half of what i normally do. one, because i'm not hungry and get full really quickly and two, the pain i get after eating is horrible :(
  • Options
    Yep, sounds about right. For food, you want to go bland and dry and boring for a few days to stop it irritating anything. That was the mistake I made - going to work and having a sausage and egg muffin (which I can't eat now without it making my stomach complain) while I was still trying to sort myself out.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    For food, you want to go bland and dry and boring for a few days to stop it irritating anything.

:yes: be very gentle - very plain veggie soup/broth is also a good option.
  • Options
    I spent about three or four weeks weeing out of my bum after being in India.
    POTW! you made me spray tea on my cat.
  • Options
    Might be a good idea to go to the doctor or phone NHS direct if it's still like this after a week, just to be on the safe side.

Are your friends ok?
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    POTW! you made me spray tea on my cat.

:D

I wasn't even trying to be disgusting/funny - that really was just the sad state of things.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to go to the doctor or phone NHS direct if it's still like this after a week, just to be on the safe side.

Are your friends ok?

my friends are totally fine. they didn't have an upset stomach/sickness at all whilst away. we all ate and drank the same things pretty much.
  • Options
    my friends are totally fine. they didn't have an upset stomach/sickness at all whilst away. we all ate and drank the same things pretty much.
    Different people react to food in different ways, and your stomach is probably pretty delicate because of your past abuse of it.

But yeh, give it another week or so and if you're still having problems go to see someone about it, because it's not pleasant.
  • Options
    I was the one that had just got back from Egypt, the Dr said it was food poisoining and that I was to eat only dry toast and very watery soups etc and drink water or flat lemonade. He also gave me some imodium which cleared it up within 48 hours, just wish I hadn't waited 10 days to go see him. My symptoms were exactly the same as yours. The only problem I had after having this was not being able to go for 3 days but now I am ok.

With regards to only being able to eat a lil bit, I was exactly the same, I felt full after a few mouthfuls and my stomach hurt but I was hungry, so I just ate little an often.

Hope it clears up for you as I know how horrid it was for me x x x
  • Options
    bahhhhh, everything coming out of me is still like water :(

ive been like this for 16 days (6/7 days whilst away) now.

i'm getting a bit worried now. i really want to get to the doctors but because of my shifts at work (which i can't get out of), i really don't have time to go. bahhhh.

how long should this last for? i came back well over a week ago now.
  • Options
    NHS walk-in centre?

have you tried contactnig NHS Direct for advice (0845 46 47)
  • Options
    Take the time off work to go to the Dr. If nothing else, if it is an infectious disease, you're risking infecting others by being at work.
  • Options
    Take the time off work to go to the Dr. If nothing else, if it is an infectious disease, you're risking infecting others by being at work.

:yes: