Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How young is too young with acid?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a real urge to try acid but everyone says i'm too yound to trip at 15 including people who took it when they were my age. Advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    me and my cousin did half a tab each when i was 15 (she was 13) just made us laugh loads as it wasnt too strong. i did it more when i was 16/17/18 and had a great time most times. the thing is, you cant just go by what age you are as to whether youll be ok. you need to know in yourself, but i think if its something youre desperate to try, then whatever anyone here says isnt going to put you off. i know i was desperate to try it for ages before i did, and read up loads on it before finally getting hold of some.
    wordof warning though, ive met quite a few people who really fucked their heads up permanently through too much acid.
  • Options
    Talking of age and acid, did anyone else see/read about those total shit heads who gave a tab to a 5 year old girl?:mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    Talking of age and acid, did anyone else see/read about those total shit heads who gave a tab to a 5 year old girl?:mad: :mad:

Yep, fucking sickening :mad:
  • Options
    my first trip was aged 15.......i think the best time to trip would be when your 83 and the doctor has just suggested to your family it's time to call the priest. i'm gonna keep one for my deathbed and instead of dying i'm gonna take a trip.
  • Options
    a blast from the past.........if you look through the last year of posts theres some interesting stuff on here.
  • Options
    It is a case of knowing youself, having self control, and being in control even when you are not :)

If it worries you, ir you are nervous about it i would say not to do it.

Maybe you could try some milder, or less intense hallucinagens first? Salvia is a good one, because even if you hate it its not going to last that long.
  • Options
    My personal stance (althogh not one I stuck to, or religiously preach) is that it is best not to take acid, and indeed ecstasy, until you are about 17/18. This is because before then the brain is still developing in a big way. Chemical changes could cause damage to the growth process.
  • Options
    I wouldnt recomend salvia to anyone, that stuff gave me the fear something cronic.

As for acid, it has very little pyshical effect on your brain and body so from that front you should be fine, however your mental and emotional development are another thing altogether.

There really isnt a great deal of knowlege of actualy how acid works, they know it effects the seratonin receptor but not enough research has been done.

If your going to do it, be careful, start off with a really really small dose.