Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stupid fucking friend...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ARGHHHHHHH! I fucking hate him and love him at the same time (no homo :P), he's one of my better friends that i can trust with anything expect telling him who i think is hot and i like in that way...he's a great mate, i've known him for ages, since year R at school, we get on well but sometimes he's just a prick

So basically, heres the back story, awhile back i liked a girl and i told him and basically made up aload of shit like that i didn't her best friend that i actually got on really well with, he's a legend! and then he always makes up some sort of thing about me

and lately i've been hanging out with a few mates, him included and theres a girl there that i like (diffrent one) and i actually might stand a chance with her but as per usual he's gone and got himself invovled, he keeps on cracking jokes about me liking her and her liking me, don't get me wrong, i don't mind a bit of banter but he's just taking it to far everytime and i'm seriously worried that he might ruin my chances with this girl

So i decided to talk to him and i'm going to tomorrow when i see him, but i only really have a rough idea of what to say which mostly revovles around that i don't mind a joke but he's taking it to far and so what if i like her i don't see why he's making such a big deal about it and that he should stop making so many jokes, one or 2 is fine its just the amount and what their like

is there anything that i should say or shouldn't??

also stubbs, before u say that i'm chasing after girls again, i took ur advice and slowed down and actually thought about it and this is still the same girl as last time, i actually think i might stand a chance so no comments like last time please

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    curly_boy wrote: »
    So i decided to talk to him and i'm going to tomorrow when i see him, but i only really have a rough idea of what to say which mostly revovles around that i don't mind a joke but he's taking it to far and so what if i like her i don't see why he's making such a big deal about it and that he should stop making so many jokes, one or 2 is fine its just the amount and what their like

Hey curly_boy,
    Sounds like a good plan. I think it's important to identify how you're feeling and at least attempt to talk about them in a measured way rather than letting feelings of resentment build up so they just explode when you least expect them to.
    curly_boy wrote: »
    is there anything that i should say or shouldn't??

Overall, try and keep perspective I guess. By that I mean aiming to stay focussed on the true impact his jokes might have on your chances with this girl and not blowing it out of proportion. While it's clear that they're clearly knocking your confidence and causing unneccesary anxiety at the moment, you've said yourself that the odd joke doesn't hurt and may well just show he's a mate who care's what's going on with your love life - and may be the best alliance you have if things take a more positive turn with her.

Best of luck man - you deffo deserve it. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks for the luck helen :) means alot
    its just constantly winding me up atm, i'm seeing him tomorrow in town so i'll talk to him then when other people arn't around, the thing is he#s friends with her as well and he's making the jokes when i'm not there but she is from what i've heard, idk what her opinon of this is but for me its just stupid, i actually expected him to know better than to crack jokes

anyway, wish me luck for tomorrow...