Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Decisions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My hubby has worked in his current job for just over 3 years. He hasn't enjoyed most of the time there, the company are regularly having financial difficulties and he often doesn't get paid on time (he should have been paid on the 20th- on the 22nd he received a CHEQUE even though he normally gets paid monthly direct into his bank account on the 20th of every month. That cheque will not clear until the 28th we've been told by our bank). He feels there is no promotion prospects and he doesn't get any perks any the pay isn't great. HOWEVER the company were placed into administration earlier this month and have just been bought out by a hugely successful company so things are likely to improve and all staff have been told their jobs are safe.

He randomly sent his CV with an application form to another firm last week (before he found out about the company being bought out), and at the weekend received a call from them inviting him for an interview. He attended and was offered a job which is the same hours, slightly better location, slightly more pay, afew perks and he could go places with the company.

He handed in his notice today and the company were so disappointed they have offered him all sorts of incentives from a pay rise to a change in department, a bonus etc as they want him to stay. He is in a slight predicament although he is pretty certain he is doing the right thing by leaving and starting the other job. Just interested on what your thoughts are and what you would do?

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't say unless I knew for definate I was in that situation. But as they say, lifes a gamble. Depends what it is that makes him hate his current job so much - would a pay rise really make much of a difference? Does he have all this in writing too?
  • Options
    won't the more sucessful company fill out all the postitions that are important with their own crew?
  • Options
    won't the more sucessful company fill out all the postitions that are important with their own crew?
    Nope as he's starting right down at the bottom. He has decided he is definately gonna go for the new job.
  • Options
    I'd suggest he gets the improved offer from his current employer in writing, and sends it to the new employer to see if they'll improve theirs.