Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

altering a shoe that is too big?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
following on from my heels thread, i decided not to splash out on a new pair. i bought a pair of green kitten heels with a peep toe years ago from asos in a size 4. however they're a tiny bit too big for me. i've been waiting hoping my feet would grow or get fatter but nay. i was wondering whether a shoe shop would be able to insert something in the heel part to make it fit or would i just look really stupid going into a shop and asking this?

i really dont want to say goodbye to these shoes :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Try any old insoles. If you go to boots and look for the clear insoles that you put in to heels to make them more comfortable (supposedly), they might add a bit.
  • Options
    im a bit shoe retarded. wouldnt that just make it more comfy rather than making it smaller?
  • Options
    like these http://www.boots.com/en/Scholl-Party-Feet-Invisible-Gel-Cushions-1-Pair_9197/ but maybe you want some that aren't ultra slim
  • Options
    well, it's a bit like wearing thicker socks, they would take up room inside the shoes. Maybe someone else has a better idea though, I dunno *shrugs*

Photo of shoes please
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, I reckon insoles might work.

It's not a stupid question for a shoe shop, anyway - they usually sell all manner of little bits like that. Try somewhere like Clarks - they're more about fit than fashion, so usually stock all those kinds of things :)
  • Options
    okay will make a trip to clarks this week, thanks guys :)
  • Options
    aha! yeah they do keep slipping off the back. thanks