Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Discontinued products that you used to like

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This can be food or otherwise. What products that you used to swear by, are no now longer sold?

I grew up with Maxwell House (instant coffee) back in the 1990s. I'm normally a ground/beans coffee drinker but I do keep a pot of instant as a back-up. I went to look for Maxwell House around Stafford the other day and no shop in Stafford sells it now.

I also miss the old 'square' (4:3) tellies and monitors, which are now all widescreen 16:9 but that's more disability-related. As I only have one eye, I see better in 4:3 than I do in 16:9
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just blown a valve/tube in my headphone amplifier. They're largely unheard of these days...
    Monserrat wrote: »
    This can be food or otherwise. What products that you used to swear by, are no now longer sold?

I grew up with Maxwell House (instant coffee) back in the 1990s. I'm normally a ground/beans coffee drinker but I do keep a pot of instant as a back-up. I went to look for Maxwell House around Stafford the other day and no shop in Stafford sells it now.

I also miss the old 'square' (4:3) tellies and monitors, which are now all widescreen 16:9 but that's more disability-related. As I only have one eye, I see better in 4:3 than I do in 16:9

I work at the co op and I'm pretty sure we still sell maxwell house, well in our store anyway.
    Until a month or so ago we had maxwell house at work. It tastes like dirt and dried poop, I've never had coffee so disgusting and everybody else thought the same. Finally they started buying a new brand so when I forget to brew my own at home, life isn't completly over :p
    I'd quite like shell suits to come back in to fashion, just for a little while.
    More childhood nostalgia but I used to love sunny d and bn biscuits.
    I think Sunny D is still around.
    Sunny D exists.

I miss Cheese and Chive flavour crisps from Walkers. I remember looking for them for years. I used to eat them on my break in primary school. I found out after emailing them last year about them when my years of searching came up trumps - they stopped production not long after I left primary school and they don't have any reason to start up production again. :(
    I've not seen it for ages, but it's not the same as it was in the 90s when it was loaded with all the artificial stuff. I'd probably find it discusting now but when you're a kid it was awesome!
    Opal Mints. All the opalyness of an Opal fruit, but minty :D
    Monserrat wrote: »

I like instant coffee and recently went looking for Nescafe original.
    I found new improved Nescafe original!
    Well how the fuck can that be the original I'm thinking ...I didn't buy it.
    geneve wrote: »
    White chocolate digestives. :crying:
    Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds glorious!
    mdma ;(
    Although I know that Cadburys' "gold" version of their Wispa made a comeback recently, I still miss it from its original 1996 release.
    z0ma wrote: »
    mdma ;(

:D
    I like instant coffee and recently went looking for Nescafe original.
    I found new improved Nescafe original!
    Well how the fuck can that be the original I'm thinking ...I didn't buy it.

Go to Lidl. Their "Granarom Highland Gold" is really quite good. Better than Gold Blend, and £1.35 or £1.39 for 100g... :)
    You can still get BN's in france, and Sunny D, in america.

You know what i miss... Guiness Marmite!
    Trio. Tr-i-i-o.

I want a Trio and I want one now :crying:
    cheese and tomato potato puffs
    cookies and cream pop tarts!
    Hedgehog flavour crisps
    MoK wrote: »
    Hedgehog flavour crisps

WTF? :confused:
    MoK wrote: »
    Hedgehog flavour crisps

i remember those
    Another thing I miss is the general idea of a 'sweet shop'. We still have an awesome one in Stafford by McDonald's but they are dying out.
    There used to be an Ice Cream in Austria (actually, there used to be a lot more, many of them vanished), but this one has a lot of facebook-groups fans.

It was named "Tschisi" (A retardo-english way for "Cheesy" (similar pronunciation) in german), and looked like Cheese on a stick. There are only very small pictures of it on Google.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I've not seen it for ages, but it's not the same as it was in the 90s when it was loaded with all the artificial stuff. I'd probably find it discusting now but when you're a kid it was awesome!

It is discusting now :yuck:
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    There used to be an Ice Cream in Austria (actually, there used to be a lot more, many of them vanished), but this one has a lot of facebook-groups fans.

It was named "Tschisi" (A retardo-english way for "Cheesy" (similar pronunciation) in german), and looked like Cheese on a stick. There are only very small pictures of it on Google.

it didnt taste of cheese? what flavour was it
    Asteroids and Nerds!
    it didnt taste of cheese? what flavour was it

It's hard to say. the recorded taste data in my brain got corrupted with Y2K. So I don't really have much recognition. I remember it was very creamy, but it probably had something to do with cheese. It was good tho.
    My step dad bought loads of Nerds when we were in America last week. I didn't even know we couldn't still get them. He's Canadian so he didn't even know that we had them in England.

I'm off to America next week, now I know they sell them there I will look out for them! :hyper: