Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Uni Choice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi all, seen as UWE have dropped the course that i wanted to to do there plymouth has now become my first, the only problem is all the other unis (i like them but just not as much) is that they all need higher grades...i have no idea what to do, put one down or just leave it??

I know that since UWE isn't doing the course,Plymouth is defintly my first

Anyone know what i should do???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So Plymouth is your first choice and all of the other unis you've applied for are asking for higher grades?

Just put Plymouth then, I think. No point putting any of the others down as your second choice because if you don't get the grades for Plymouth, you won't get the grades for them!

Although having said that, I vaguley remember people at school putting down unis asking for higher grades as their second choice. Maybe so if you don't get the grades, you can still ring and say, 'you were my reserve choice, I didn't get the grades you asked for, I got these, will that be ok' sort of thing.
    I've been told most unis will take some people depending on how well they can show their knowledge, without having the required grades. You can give it a try.
    When I first applied I needed (and this is IB terms but whatever) 24 points for the uni I actually wanted to go to and 30 points for the one I put as my second choice.

If you want to go to Plymouth, put Plymouth as your first choice.
    i defintly know plymouth is my first :)
    i was talking to someone today and they said that if i didn't put a 2nd and if i didn't get in first time i would get into clearing quicker...anyone know if this is true
    Man, i'm jealous. I wanted to go to Plymouth :p
    when i did it i really wanted to go to portsmouth & cause you have to write other uni's to go to if you dont get in i just found uni's with lower grades and decided if i dont get in to the one i wanted i could just re-do the year as if you get higher grades than you thought (which probably you will) its harder to get in to a uni of lower grades apparently, im not sure though like if you got into a high up uniand plymouth was lower i think its hard to say no to high up uni
    i think thats what you mean you want to do... im confused
    also one of my good mates goes to plymouth & loves it so good luck & hope you get in there :)