Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Really confused, some advice please :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, my girlfriend now ex is really confusing and it's causing me really bad heartache.

I spent ages chasing her and won her over in the end, we have been together for over a year and everything was perfect. We trust each other, had great times and were best friends. I truely love her but not so long ago she told me she wanted to be single which I didnt understand. Shes been hot and cold ever since. Being horrible to me and not wanting to see me.

I've told her i'd rather her be honest about what she wants etc but she keeps sayin its just her and not sure what she wants but she still loves me. I trust her 100%. She got treated terribly in all of her previous relationships and I have been brilliant to her so it makes it harder for me.

I finished it the other night because I can't go on like this but i'm finding it really difficult. I just want to try and understand why if you love someone you wouldn't want to be with them??

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds to me like she may have been treating you a bit shitty as to make you break up with her, instead of her having to do it.
    Did you ever toss a coin because you couldn't make up your mind about something, say chocolate cake or strawberry, but then as soon as the decision is made for you and that chocolate cake is sitting in front of you, you realise it was strawberry you wanted?

My ineloquance and probably unpopular cake choices aside, I think this may be something similar. Now the decision has been made for her, your ex will have the space to see if this is was the right thing for her.

Anyone that has been there knows that requited love can really, really hurt sometimes. It's not just as simple as 'We love each other, we should be together', it might be that there were elements of your relationship that just did not work, but you couldn't see or were willing to overlook them. Ultimately this is a very taxing situation to be in, one that can't last. In time you will be able to look back on your realtionship with your head, instead of your heart.
    I've been through all of the things it could be, bored of me, not attracted to me, i'm too nice etc.. apparently none of those things.

She said she still loves me but I have said as soon as it is properly over I dont want to speak to her ever again. I have explained its the way i would deal with it. It would hurt me too much to see her with someone else.

It's stupid really if my heart didn't over power my head I would have made her mind up for her :banghead:

Thanks for the advice though :)