Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

charged with assault

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DD92 wrote: »
    Am from Scotland, not Turkey.

he wasn't mouthing off at me. People already think am one of them without them knowin about what he was doin before a slapped him about a bit. Nobody would believe me even if a did say, nobody ever does.

I've been in prison. More than once. I had my reasons...

Whatever conclusion you've drawn from the above is almost certainly wrong. Much the same as people on this forum with your own post, and lack of detail...
    Am from Scotland, not Turkey.

he wasn't mouthing off at me. People already think am one of them without them knowin about what he was doin before a slapped him about a bit. Nobody would believe me even if a did say, nobody ever does.
    Ive been charged with assault to severe injury and am bricking it. ave been in trouble way the polis before but nothing ever this bad. It wasn’t my fault...the other guy just wound me up and a lost it.

So what was it then? Is he an exceptionally gifted mime artist?
    No he was touching me in places a didnt want him to. places that if a did tell the polis would get him charged. a told him to stop and wasnt able to move a warned him if he didnt stop ad smack him and he never so a smacked him

you probably dont believe me but that doesnt bother me a know what happaned and nobody ever believes me.
    You should tell the police.

What is stopping you, are you worried that people will find out, or that the police won't believe you? You have a solicitor, correct? If it's something that's simply to difficult to say out loud, perhaps you could write it down and give it to them. They will have to ask you some questions after that but, once you're over that initial hurdle.
    And remember, it isn't your fault if someone touches you inappropriately, it's sexual assault.
    both really. a dont want people finding out cause if they do believe me that he was touching me they'd probably think a asked for it and wanted it. a didnt and nobody ever does believe me. Ma own mum kicked me out when a told her ma dad had been doing stuff with me he shouldnt ave. not spoken to either of them in years and if a ever saw either of theme again would probably wanna kill them
    No he was touching me in places a didnt want him to. places that if a did tell the polis would get him charged. a told him to stop and wasnt able to move a warned him if he didnt stop ad smack him and he never so a smacked him

you probably dont believe me but that doesnt bother me a know what happaned and nobody ever believes me.

You really should tell them, because that kinda stuff really does change the picture presented to everyone. From that, it sounds like he was asking for a thump more than you were asking for his actions.

That really does change things, and it really would be in your best interests to be truthful to the police.

Just to clarify my earlier comment - I've never done time. But in a past life I did much of the IT maintenance in prisons, amongst other places.
    But you can break a nose with one punch. People have been knocked out with one punch. Heck, people have - albeit quite rarely - died from one punch.

Is a punch really any more excessive than the inappropriate touch? One was deliberate, and uninstigated. The other could quite easily be the response many people would respond with - I'm not saying they'd act on it, but it's far more understandable than an inappropriate touch...
    geneve wrote: »
    Couldn't you have just pushed him away or walked away from the situation instead of breaking his nose? We had another post about a guy who got drunk and touched up girls, but I reckon it would be a bit excessive if one of those girls floored the guy for it. (Yet somewhat impressive...)
    Well OP did say he told the guy to back off, and he was in a tight situation where he couldn't back away - we don't know the details of each person involved - in terms of size for one thing. It's not uncommon for a smaller person to break a nose of someone bigger. Sometimes that is what it takes.

I wouldn't sweat about it OP now that it's clearer what happened, you acted in a defensive manner.
    If that's what happened then you need to mention it at the earliest opportunity. Keeping it a secret until you get to court won't help you.
    ^^^
    :yes: If you don't tell the police what he did soon, then they wont believe you. They'll just think it's a lie, to defend yourself.
    But if you tell them now, then them believing you is more likely.
    Xx
    The polis won't believe me. No proof that he was touchin me but plenty of proof that a smacked him. All it takes is for him to deny it. Ma history with the polis and stuff like that will go against me.

That's assumin a want everyone knowin that some guy was feelin me up. Like a said folk already think am one o them they'll think a was wantin it to happen

ma brief says a may get the jail so all just have to accept a may go inside
    "one of them" you mean gay people? Have you got a problem with them?

I'll be blunt, what happened to you was terrible, shouldn't happen, however unless he was being very physical with you, you had no right to smack him, you should've walked away. but you not telling what happened and using it as a defence, you've only your self to blame if you get sent down.
    Dude... "one of them" if you have a problem is gay people this is NOT the place for you to be posting.
    /Leaves thread.
    Xx
    his word choice of 'one of them' might not be meant in a derrogatory way
    his word choice of 'one of them' might not be meant in a derrogatory way

Agreed, I think if we begin focussing on semantics we're going to miss the point. However he refers to homosexuals is irrelevant, something has happened and he needs advice on how to deal with it.

And I also agree with Hellfire, unless you're willing to tell us the extent of his assault on you, we can't assist you with decent advice. If he was trying to seriously sexually assault you, you'd perhaps have grounds for self-defence. Just trying to feel you up? Maybe a shove or a push and a "fuck off and leave me alone" would be appropriate, but a serious enough assault that you've ended up in court and are looking at prison? I don't think so.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Maybe a shove or a push and a "fuck off and leave me alone" would be appropriate, but a serious enough assault that you've ended up in court and are looking at prison? I don't think so.

a tried that all before he shoved his hand down ma trackies and grabbed ma dick.
    a tried that all before he shoved his hand down ma trackies and grabbed ma dick.

It's a tough one then. I think you need to tell them what happened. They may not believe you but it's worth a try.
    Get a lawyer. Don't try to do it on your own.