Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sweating Problems?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I've always had a bit of a sweating problem. I don't stink and I am very clean but over the years it has gotten worse and now I'm older I am more concious of wearing long sleeved tops etc.

I have tried Triple Dry the stick version which I bought from boots for about £7.70. I bought it based on people's reviews saying it was good, although the reviews were for the roll on version. My mum insisted that the stick version would be better so I got that. Needless to say, it's absolutely shit. It hasn't worked one bit. I'm still sweating just like normal and the best part, I'm down almost 8 pounds from it.

Does this product actually work? Do I just need to get the roll on version?

Anyone know of any good products that actually work?
Please help =/

Comments

• Options
    Yes, get the roll on version and follow the instructions exactly. I think you have to puti it on at night when you are clean and dry, and wash it off in the morning, and repeat for a week or until it works. After which you can use it less and less.
  • Options
    Oh right I've been using as a normal deodorant! Thank you! I will try this way and see if it works.
    Thank you
  • Options
    VodkaShots wrote: »
    Basically I've always had a bit of a sweating problem.

You haven't mentioned whether your sweating problem, or hyperhidrosis, is wildy excessive but there are medical treatments including botox under the arms, drugs and even minimally invasive surgery. If your life is a misery, see your doctor and ask what they can recommend.
  • Options
    Get the right stuff, check the bottle for the one you leave on overnight. I used to use it in the week before going clubbing in tight shiney clothes and my friends who used to really sweat a lot used it instead of having botox injections. It can really work. The one we used was Driclor, the liquid roll on.

http://www.boots.com/en/Driclor-Solution-Roll-On-Applicator_22023/
  • Options
    thank you I will check it out.
  • Options
    I've tried everything under the sun, nothing works (consumer wise in terms of deodorants), unfortunately I get this from my dads side. My brother gets it too. I've never thought of going to the doctor about it, but the slightest temperature change makes me sweat quite a lot. I've known of botox under the arms, I think I saw it on TV - though the person also got it in their feet.

How good is that stuff? Got any source links?
  • Options
    If you are overweight, your doc will probably suggest you try to lose weight before they suggest bottox.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    How good is that stuff? Got any source links?

I've never had the problem myself but, like you, have either read about it or seen it on TV. From what I've heard, it works well but I think a doctor would have better insight than me. :)
  • Options
    Driclor is amazing, miracle stuff. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!

My fella has severe, excessive sweating. Even when he is doing no activity, just sitting watching tv, sweat pours from him. He saturates his clothes under his arms to the point of ridiculousness. He always, constantly, has soaking wet, dripping armpits.

After years of suffering with it, thinking about botox, never being able to go out without thick jumpers or leather jackets to cover up the sweat, he finally got round to trying driclor. I can only assume he has never tried it before as he thought he was such an excessive case it wouldn't work.

Within a few days, his armpits were bone dry. He can wear t shirts and shirts like normal people. When I touch his t shirt under his arms, it is dry, rather than soaking wet. Amazing, it's changed his life.
  • Options
    I might buy some soon, if it doesn't work I'll go to the doctor and see what they can do. I'm not overweight, I keep getting told to put weight on when I don't need to. :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    You haven't mentioned whether your sweating problem, or hyperhidrosis, is wildy excessive but there are medical treatments including botox under the arms, drugs and even minimally invasive surgery. If your life is a misery, see your doctor and ask what they can recommend.

It may be minimally invasive but it is not a nice looking procedure in the slightest. They go into your chest and pinch a nerve! (sympathotomy) Other types of procedures involve cutting the nerve (sympathectomy)

Some of the terrible side effects are present in (to me) a high percentage of people. For one, the excessive sweating will just show up elsewhere (5-20% of patients), most commonly your lower back, legs and groin (and this is non reversable if you have the second procedure), sweating when you are eating (awkward!) and horners, though that occurs in less than 1%.

On average, botox will require 1 vial per arm so I dont know if something like this would be covered under the NHS, but if you had to pay for it, that is about the amount you would be looking at (it is about 800 a vial here in the US). It lasts about 6-8 months.

And watch out with the clinical strength deordant, it burns :( Especially if you are a lady, do not use it anytime after shaving. If I use it more than twice a week it hurts and itches constantly... and it is pretty useless on your hands and feet.
  • Options
    An anti arm pit sweating trick is to lie down. Apparently, the sweat glands in your pits close off when you lie down, I read it once and think I've tested it but can't remember.
  • Options
    I went to the doctors once-upon-a-time about this problem. They prescribed me with a products called anhydrol forte which seems pretty similar to the above mentioned product driclor. I found it worked quite well. However i did find a problem with it which i searched it on the Internet and other people seemed to have the same problem. Basically when you put it on it can sting like hell - not always but sometimes. But read the inside label and it warns you of this and suggests using a hydrocortisone cream to counter the stinging effects.

It's not an ideal solution but overall i would recommend it.
  • Options
    I'd agree with the posters above who recommend Driclor. I used to get REALLY wet armpits all the time, even if I was sat doing nothing. Driclor is amazing though, pop it on overnight two or three times a week and my armpits stay bone dry.

I've since tried Triple Dry and it's nowhere near as good.
  • Options
    Agree with Clydefrog. Go to the docs and get Anhydrol Forte on prescription.

I did this years ago and I still have the same bottle. It works far better than Driclor or Triple Dry (which didn't help at all for me).

You just put it on overnight, it gets to the point where you only need to use it once a week or once a month. It does sting a lot I find but you get used to it. You can use a cream if it gets itchy. You then wash it off in the morning and it works a treat. And make sure you do wash it off as it bleaches clothes (as I found out from using it during the day once!)

Good luck!
  • Options
    I bought some Driclor a few days ago, I've used it for 4 nights, and it has already made a difference! The first 2 days it was cold, but the past two days, including today have been scorching, and I've not sweated enough to actually have it show on my shirt! I'm shocked at how quick it's worked. Just hope it continues.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I bought some Driclor a few days ago, I've used it for 4 nights, and it has already made a difference! The first 2 days it was cold, but the past two days, including today have been scorching, and I've not sweated enough to actually have it show on my shirt! I'm shocked at how quick it's worked. Just hope it continues.

I bought some of this about a month ago but keep forgetting to use it! However when I do use it, it really stings, so much so that I almost gave up on it after the first couple of uses but I think I have got use to it more now as it stings less but it does cause me to itch alot- not nice especially when trying to sleep! However- it seems to be working well (considering I keep forgetting to use it as well- I've prob used it about 8 times in a month). I would certainly recommend anyone to try it.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I bought some of this about a month ago but keep forgetting to use it! However when I do use it, it really stings, so much so that I almost gave up on it after the first couple of uses but I think I have got use to it more now as it stings less but it does cause me to itch alot- not nice especially when trying to sleep! However- it seems to be working well (considering I keep forgetting to use it as well- I've prob used it about 8 times in a month). I would certainly recommend anyone to try it.

I bought it to try and its seriously good! But yeah, haven't used it in a while as most nights I'd get up half way through and wash it off because it itched too much. =/
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »

i've tried it, helps a lot! it stung the first two times I tried it (i think i put too much on so it went all over skin that wasn't meant to have it on) but now it doesn't and hardly use it now :)