Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help ASAP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so ive been stuck in Libya for a week now, the only flight i can get home is a connection flight from here to heathrow and then on to manchester which is fine.
Im just abit nervous. Ive never done this before so i was just wondering what happens?
Do i fly to heathrow, go through passport control, claim my luggage then check in again for my flight to manchester or what?
Sorry if this is a really dumb question but im honestly clueless and cant afford to get stranded in heathrow with no money what so ever... Im from north wales so it is abit of a treck!! I Fly tomorrow morning so any help would be much appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    x</3x wrote: »
    Ok so ive been stuck in Libya for a week now, the only flight i can get home is a connection flight from here to heathrow and then on to manchester which is fine.
    Im just abit nervous. Ive never done this before so i was just wondering what happens?
    Do i fly to heathrow, go through passport control, claim my luggage then check in again for my flight to manchester or what?
    Sorry if this is a really dumb question but im honestly clueless and cant afford to get stranded in heathrow with no money what so ever... Im from north wales so it is abit of a treck!! I Fly tomorrow morning so any help would be much appreciated!

Yup, depending how long your stop over is? but essentially you arrive in Heathrow, go through controls and then check in for your new flight
    well its a same day flight thats all i know.. so ill have to re check my baggage in? or will they sort that out?
    I have never had to that either but i doubt you will be the only one who is confused and i would have thought that they will explain it when you check in. I'm sure someone will know what to do though.
    Good luck i bet you will be pleased to get home x
    your baggage wil be sent to your final destination, unless you request otherwise. If you want to check, just ask when you first check your baggage in.
    katralla wrote: »
    your baggage wil be sent to your final destination, unless you request otherwise. If you want to check, just ask when you first check your baggage in.

:yes: The people on the desk will let you know when you first check in. It all depends, when we went to Las Vegas on the way in we stopped at Philadelphia and had to re-check our bags in but on the way back when stopped in philly again they were automatically put onto the connecting flight.
    ahh ok thanks :) ill just see what they say tomorrow! x
    katralla wrote: »

That does actually depend on the airline combination. Domestic flights at Hrow are usually Terminal 1 - no flight from Libya comes in there! So a change of terminal will be in order. You will only need to check in again if it's a completely different airline, otherwise if you don't already have your boarding pass for the manchester leg then go to the transfers desk without going all the way through arrivals. Hope this helps.
    Fuck me I was a bit late there....