Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Breaking down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just watched the first minute of a film called ginger snaps: unleashed, and i cant stop shaking. I've just broken down so badly. I hate this, so so much :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stop watching it. Right now. I want to watch that film but cant find anywhere to get it from. can you get it of internet??

If your not stable please dont watch films with suicide/self harm in them and i know that one does.

hope you alright x
    i've never seen it. why are you breaking down?
    MeganM wrote: »
    Stop watching it. Right now. I want to watch that film but cant find anywhere to get it from. can you get it of internet??

If your not stable please dont watch films with suicide/self harm in them and i know that one does.

hope you alright x
    Please don't watch it yourself.
    Turn it off, get a drink, and watch Friends or something of that nature.
    watch Up. I watched that the first time the other day. Was hilarious!
    its alright, dont worry, (im guessing its a bad film, i've never heard of it...) go watch something with a happier tone, maybe call someone, read, make something.....anything to take your mind of it. (again...im guessing you've broken down cause of the nature of the film)
    i want to see it now........ films have a bad effect on me so maybe i shouldn't :/
    Grease always cheers me up.
    bio haz wrote: »
    I just watched the first minute of a film called ginger snaps: unleashed, and i cant stop shaking. I've just broken down so badly. I hate this, so so much :crying:

It's a movie. It's a made-up story. It's not real life. Don't break down over something like this.
    Teagan wrote: »
    It's a movie. It's a made-up story. It's not real life. Don't break down over something like this.

It's not the fact that it was made up, its the fact that it caused me to have such reprcussions about it. I cant even explain how it made me feel, and im not even going to go into what it caused me to do. Do you really think that its that easy not to break down?
    Heyy Bio Haz :wave:

I sometimes break down over stories, I know how it feels. Maybe do research into the movies etc. before you watch them so you know what to expect?
    How are you now?
    Xx
    T'was on bbc iplayer, and looked to be something like Quaretine (can't spell it) and had never heard of it before, so thought it would be good.
    Feeling a little lost, and really want to cut so badly, but I'm going to bomb it around on my bike a bit and see if that makes me feel better.