Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Online Dating - When do you think is a good time to ask someone out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got chatting to a girl on PlentyofFish a couple of weeks back and we've exchanged messages almost every day, talking about all sorts of stuff.

At first she was a bit distant, perhaps just trying to figure me out. Didn't even add her name at the end of the initial message. Eventually she added her name, and now she's started adding kisses and cute little things like that. Seems as though she likes me, or likes the messages at the very least.

We established that we live close to each other and in fact she works just a couple of minutes away from my house. She's started asking me what my weekly plans are and things, and telling me what she has planned for the week. I'm wondering if this is her way of getting me to ask if she wants to meet up for a drink or something.

I'm new at it so not too sure what to do for the best. Wouldn't want to ask too soon in case it puts her off.

Was wondering what other peoples' experience of this sort of thing is - going from meeting someone online to actually meeting them in person. Would you think a couple of weeks is too quick? Do you think it's possible to tell if they're actually interested in meeting if they haven't actually come out and said it?

:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ask her now, leave it too long and you will just end up being email friends. I don't know what the general internet dating protocol is but I don't tell people my name until I would be willing to meet them.