Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nick Griffin BBC news

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone see it?
Apparently, everyone will be given a CHOICE to leave the country if they wish to :rolleyes:
Ooohhhh I hate that man.

Xx

Comments

• Options
    I agree with Nick. ;)
  • Options
    Don't even joke!
    Xx
  • Options
    Considering the furore that occurred on these boards when Griffin was allowed on Question Time, I'm pleased to see that those that thought he should be allowed to appear under freedom of speech, that his appearance was a non-story in the overall scheme of politics in this country. Most people recognise that he has had limited influence in this election so far and is consigned to politics on the edge.
  • Options
    Here's a conversation I overheard whilst on my travels.

BBC journo: Prime Minister, the leader of a minor political party is saying that he will give everyone the choice to leave this country if they want to.
    Gordon Brown: I agree with Nick. I agree with that.
    Lord Mandelsnake: *whispers into Gordon's ear* Er Gordon, he's talking about Nick Griffin, not Nick Clegg.
    Gordon Brown: Nick who?
    Lord Mandelsnake: Leader of the BNP. You know - the one who nicked your line about British jobs for British workers.

What happened next is unknown. Presumably the BBC journalist felt the full force of a Nokia being thrown at his head, that's my guess.
  • Options
    I thought we already had a choice to leave the country... admittedly the volcano ash may be stopping people doing so, but it is only temporary. Frankly it hard not to agree with NicK Griffin on this one and suspect, with the possible exception of the Communist Party after the revolution, this one is pretty common to all political parties.
  • Options
    Maybe the sentence was left partially unsaid.

They will be given a choice to leave the country if they want to... [or suffer the consequences if they don't].
  • Options
    Anyone see it?
    Apparently, everyone will be given a CHOICE to leave the country if they wish to :rolleyes:
    Ooohhhh I hate that man.

Xx

I am sickened with the politics of this guy, he is a dangerous man - the thuggish idiot racists are just that, idiots - this guy is educated and intelligent - those are the ones to watch out for. :no:
  • Options
    What he said esentially was this:
    Griffin: All people will be given the choice to leave the country if they would like to, for 50 thousand pounds.

Newsreader: So, you will offer them a bribe?

Griffin: It's not a bribe because they don't have to leave

Newsreader: It's a bribe

Griffin: We don't want to be thought of as a single issue party etc etc

Okay, so that wasn't word for word but that was the general gist of the conversation.
    Xx
  • Options
    All people will be given the choice to leave the country if they would like to, for 50 thousand pounds.

I should have thought, if they ever get anywhere near power, that a lot of people would take them up on that.

Where do I sign? :yippe:
  • Options
    I'd leave the country for 50 grand... :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »

Me too. I'd spend 1,000 on make up and a dress and come back as Loreena. :)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »

Ditto. I'm sure one of my ancestors must have been raped and pillaged by a marauding Viking - making me not technically 'indigenously British'.
  • Options
    Where would he pull this £50k from for each person? Get out of our country, but lump the residents with the debt?
  • Options
    there is no one good to vote for >.< Fascism makes me really angry and communism just wont work in the u.k :( we are all doomed to a poor government!...........:0
  • Options
    I'm leaving the country anyway, and I could definitely use £50k. I'm guessing I wouldn't get it though as a "native." Although I did have a Polish granddad, and we know how much Nick must still be pissed off at the Poles for beating the fuhrer, so I might qualify.
  • Options
    Don't even joke!
    Xx

Why not? They are a joke.
  • Options
    I just had a BNP van pass my house with a BNP sign and a speakerphone saying "Keep Britain free, vote the British National Party".