Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    But I can’t actually stand people who constantly lie. Not even on here or anything. This is actually someone I know. It’s Just lies after lies. I get that she probably have some mental health problem to make her lie about the littlest of thing. But it’s hard to be around & not an excuse to be a b.Nearly every single lie gets caught away so what’s the point. And it’s not like she is particularly nice when not lying. Just picks people she don’t want to ever like and find anything to hate on them for and it’s like omg I don’t want to be around this toxic behaviour. I can’t sit and listen to just negative stuf after negative stuff constantly. Like please say something nice about them for once.

Like Yeah I mean lying about little things maybe I can handle but when lie about things like cancer ect yeah can’t. I mean I have known her for ages and it will never stop tbf even in primary school. But when your friends are with friends with people don’t get along with very well it’s hard. But they feel they are also stuck with her now and can’t take lies anymore.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I feel so sick. Probably from the weather change 😢
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    That sounds really tough for you @Siobhan. Would you like to tell us a little bit more about how that makes you feel and what helps you to cope with it?

I am hearing setting boundaries is a coping mechanism for you in this situation. Boundaries are really positive and important :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I've been trying to keep things calm. Start and engage with conversations and thought, keep myself occupied. But it isn't really working and I feel like I'm losing my mind. None of it has any real meaning and I realise how stupid and dramatic that sounds. I sit struggling often, yet the thought of communicating those thoughts to others seems pointless, and when I do push myself to do so, it feels like I'm talking into the void. It's frustrating and I just feel confrontational about it. It's not really me, but I feel like the thread that keeps me from inflicting my own shit thoughts on everybody else is fraying away. It has been for a while honestly.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Think I’m gunna go out and a buy boob tape. Fed up of bras especially in this heat they are so uncomfortable and I am so flat chest it feels like there’s no point lol.

Atm I’m wearing medical tape thingy you put on bandages lol
  • Options
    Going to be living in this top cause the only thing that makes my scars look a lot less obvious and keeping me cool
    (Got it from tiktok)
    htn0jv69ec3d.jpeg
  • Options
    Teddy is doing very dirty farts and I can’t cope. I can’t kick his cute lil face out either
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Basically my sister has lost hundreds of pounds for not claiming back her money for doing the court service thingy. She has until September and she’s in Egypt so she ain’t gunna do it. She said she will give me money if I help her claim is as she thinks about it but then just can’t be bothered. So I said yeah but I can’t really help when she’s the one who doesn’t know what times she did and I obviously don’t know

So yeah she basically worked for free for the court

It was a serious one aswell so went on for like a good month I think

Also can other people rant on here so it doesn’t become a Siobhan rant lol
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    I'm sorry to hear that @Siobhan, it sounds like you are going through a lot at this moment. It sounds tough and draining especially with the whole court case thingy going on. Sending hugs <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that @Siobhan, it sounds like you are going through a lot at this moment. It sounds tough and draining especially with the whole court case thingy going on. Sending hugs <3

Thank you. Though we have nothing to do with the court case. It’s just something you get invited to do for the government by random and basically sit and watch a random persons court case to give your view on it. Like anyone can be chosen and it’s just that she annoys me that she wasted money like that. If you get me.
  • Options
    Siobhan wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »

Thank you. Though we have nothing to do with the court case. It’s just something you get invited to do for the government by random and basically sit and watch a random persons court case to give your view on it. Like anyone can be chosen and it’s just that she annoys me that she wasted money like that. If you get me.

Ah I see now sorry I got confused for a second..I thought it was like a serious case or something like that.
  • Options
    today's been shit
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear @supernova sending hugs to you
  • Options
    I hate Mondays. I struggle soo much at work and i don’t know Monday isn’t even the start of the week for me. Sunday is. I think it’s because I do 11-3 on Mondays and I hate that. It just means zoning and tidying and staying on the shop floor. It’s where my mind isn’t as distracted and I just watch myself and think what the fuck am I do. I’m like 23 and work in primark still. - nothing wrong with that but I don’t want it. And I just always start crying and get soo suicidal lol

I think if feel that way. I’m going to have to ask to do the delivery or back stock and try to explain why. I just can’t be doing it anymore. Makes me soooo suicidal and while I might not care at the time I really do need to take a step back and think before speaking or acting at work cause I don’t want another medical suspension. Would probably end up investigation and lose my job. But yeah sometimes work helps me. Like today I felt awful in the morning but felt less shit once I got out and distracted my self. But days where I stand there not engaging my brain makes me overthink soo much and want to die soo badly
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey @Siobhan

Just dropping in to say that I hope your Monday went as well as it could have. I totally hear you about not feeling distracted and stuck with your thoughts. It's good to hear that sometimes work helps too. I hope today went okay. <3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    I keep saying days are shit without clarifying anything. That's because I think about it then feel like there's no point, and it won't be helpful to anybody. I keep finding myself feeling, I guess grief. More specifically that "low" (a fucking understatement) feeling I get when I think about people that aren't here anymore, my dad mainly, gets overtaken by anger. At the state of my life, the shit that's happened to me, and towards everyone else to be honest. People would fucking hate me if I said my first thoughts all the time, because they're not nice. I do my best to shut that shit down, try to make people feel better as appose to worse. It just feels a bit fake and wrong sometimes. Sometimes I miss feeling a connection with others, sometimes I want even the closest people to fuck off and leave me alone.
  • Options
    Charlotte47Charlotte47 Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    @Supernova how are you doing today?
  • Options
    Hey @Charlotte47 thank you for asking. I'm quite tired as I've not been sleeping very well. I'm a bit low as well to be honest. As much as I'm trying to keep talking on here, I'm very much in a period of trying to be alone. I'm just spending a lot of time in bed. :p
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It honestly winds me up when OH tells me that I'm unwell, they did it again today.
  • Options
    Who the fuck is calling me at 2am using a private number. Whoever it is needs to fuck off.
  • Options
    I am really hating the spider season already 😩😩😩😩😩
  • Options
    I feel guilty for putting cups over them and giving them a slow death over a few days but I’m too scared to kill them straight away
  • Options
    Woke up super early and I am anxious as fuck :/
  • Options
    Just found out the group I'm in for my second year of college and my one friend is in the other group. Some of the people in my group I don't really know that well. I'm so socially awkward when talking to people :[
  • Options
    I say this in the least disrespectful way but are people like media radios and the events that are getting canceled and tv shows and whatnot going to ignore that it’s suicide prevention day because the queen is dead?
  • Options
    Really losing interest in things, and having some shitty days as a result
  • Options
    Just found out that one of the ideas I was going to do for my college project has already been done I'm not original enough :/
  • Options
    Only just realised how much I hate going outside, and how far I am from where I used to be. In a weird holding pattern and the cynic in me thinks I may aswell be dead already.

Plus with where I live, everytime I go outside I feel like I'm in fucking bladerunner.
  • Options
    So much drama of the night. So many arguements fbat people could of walked away from that didnt and I just stuck in the middle trying to End it because I was cold and wanted to go home finally at home at lik 5 am. Guys touching me inappropriately constantly and I don’t think I’ll be going clubbing again any time soon. I understand that guys need to be called out though as it’s not okay to keep touching me inappropriately and omg some staff at the bar was soo rudeeeeeeee like omg. This girl was staring at me start with her agressive chewing gum like she was gunnna Wack me one when I was just to enjoy myself like girl I get some poeopen are rude to you with this job and tbis time but why are u staring at me like you’re bout to kick ne out like omg I need sleep and drink of water