Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2022
    Getting annoyed with anyone who calls a mental hospital. A “grippy sock vacation”
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    What does "a grippy sock vacation" even mean? That sounds horrible that someone says that about a mental hospital
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    What does "a grippy sock vacation" even mean? That sounds horrible that someone says that about a mental hospital

Cause I’m hospital if ask for socks they are grippy ones. But that’s literally in every hospital not just mental hospital lol. But people like to think they are quirky
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lmao finally may get some peace now they have left , work
  • Options
    Seems like karma does exist for some things
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Shaunie - I took down your last post as it's important not to talk about things that are happening over on other support spaces. Appreciate it sounds like a frustrating experience to have gone through and it can feel good to vent some of those feelings, however it's best to avoid speaking directly to things happening over on other forums.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Hey @Shaunie - I took down your last post as it's important not to talk about things that are happening over on other support spaces. Appreciate it sounds like a frustrating experience to have gone through and it can feel good to vent some of those feelings, however it's best to avoid speaking directly to things happening over on other forums.

Omg I’m so sorry
  • Options
    Am I in trouble @Ed_ please say no ahhh I didn’t know we couldn’t speak about other sites If has nothing to do with here. I’m so sorry. I will remember for future
  • Options
    I can't say for definite @Shaunie but best to drop a line to @TheMix team. Honest mistakes happen and these ones can be a judgement call, so I wouldn't see it as being in trouble, more just moderators are here to ensure posts are within the guidelines. Some posts just step over the line a bit, and that isn't necessarily intentional so try not to overthink things. Because you were specific in which community it was about, I felt it was best to be on the safe side.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    I see. Thank you. Sorry
  • Options
    No need to apologise, these things happen and it's why we are on hand :)

• Options
    edited March 2022
    So I told manager about the manager who waves in my face when I make bad eye contact it has happened like atleast 3 times. My eye contact is okay. But now I just feel bad. They said they will report it back to him as it is kinda rude. But I feel bad that I obviously can’t stand up for Myself and just said it to them
  • Options
    Tiktok need to stop selling make up on discount cause I’m running out of money
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Handed my diss draft in two and a half weeks ago for feedback, absolute maximum time for feedback to be given to us is three weeks but 'don't worry supervisors prioritise dissertations and will give them back before then' basically everyone else has got their feedback back now apart from me. It's now two weeks till the final thing is due in, it's making me so angry, how is it fair that some people got there back within a week and I'm still waiting. Someone even brought it up to the leader and she just shot them down and said most people have theirs back now it is fair. Arghhhh why do they have to make it so much more stressful, I just want my feedback so I can make the amendments and get my diss in. I swear I'm literally checkin to see if he's uploaded it like 10 times a day and he never has which just makes me more angry :angry::angry::angry:
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Wow I'm in a shite mood. Pissed off and just feel like being cruel to people. Not really sure what the fuck that means.
  • Options
    I went out drinking last night. It was fun but I feel like death now
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    edited May 2022
    I'm fed up- my mum treating me badly- I do everything for her to make sure she's okay but then I get treated badly, she needs to stop treating me badly- im fed up of her rubbish honestly im getting really pissed off by her
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable @Leila. Would you like to tell us more about what you are experiencing with your mum at the moment?

It sounds really difficult, upsetting, and frustrating, especially as you do everything for her to make sure she's okay. We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    You don’t matter when you treate people like garbage so i don’t know why I’m bothered. (No one here. You’re all lovely here x )
  • Options
    I got called ugly a lot of times from one person. Yet she was the one to use pictures of my face pretending to be me. So i don’t know why I’m letting words affect me
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I got called ugly a lot of times from one person. Yet she was the one to use pictures of my face pretending to be me. So i don’t know why I’m letting words affect me

Hi shaunie.

btw no one is ugly in this world. You are a caring kind person to us all here. Ik we never talk but you really are a sweet lovely person. Tbh she's probably jealous how lovely you are. We all love you here.

Brandon <3
  • Options

Hi shaunie.

btw no one is ugly in this world. You are a caring kind person to us all here. Ik we never talk but you really are a sweet lovely person. Tbh she's probably jealous how lovely you are. We all love you here.

Brandon <3

Thank you!
  • Options

Hi shaunie.

Brandon <3

Thank you!

very welcome :)
  • Options
    Done with how my mind is taking the piss
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I do not like the way some people speak to others. It’s uncomfortable to sit with without saying nothin
    Edit - sorry obviously not on here. Kept forgetting I need to say that. I feel it’s obvious no one on here and saying it feels Suspicious as it’s like no one thought it was on here until you say that lol but yeah just rules and all that.
  • Options
    I do not like the way some people speak to others. It’s uncomfortable to sit with without saying nothin
    Edit - sorry obviously not on here. Kept forgetting I need to say that. I feel it’s obvious no one on here and saying it feels Suspicious as it’s like no one thought it was on here until you say that lol but yeah just rules and all that.

Hi shaunie.

How are you feeling now? Has something happened to make you feel like this? Btw thanks for telling us how you feel, sending love.

Brandon <3
  • Options

Hi shaunie.

How are you feeling now? Has something happened to make you feel like this? Btw thanks for telling us how you feel, sending love.

Brandon <3

Just people annoy me.

I was sooo sooo soo close to telling someone to shut up at work today lmao
    I really should of. She puts me on edge.

And today at work I was doing delivery (preparing stock in the stock room) and ugh there is this woman I really don’t like. She’s just so negative about everything and complains about people being slow. Yet she’s slow and omg it’s primark it ain’t that deep. I work pretty fast but when I’m near here I go slow just to annoy her lmao. Like omg we have got to be here all day can you not make it a misery for us all
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Hi shaunie.

Brandon <3

Just people annoy me.

And today at work I was doing delivery (preparing stock in the stock room) and ugh there is this woman I really don’t like. She’s just so negative about everything and complains about people being slow. Yet she’s slow and omg it’s primark it ain’t that deep. I work pretty fast but when I’m near here I go slow just to annoy her lmao. Like omg we have got to be here all day can you not make it a misery for us all

Aw I'm sorry. Ignore my language she sounds a right stuck up person. Tbh people like that are just low life's lol 😆 especially in life as its very annoying. But, I hope you feel better? If not sending hugs! Hope work is tomorrow better for you, tbh hope she just moves on from being moody towards people doing their job!

Brandon <3
  • Options

Hi shaunie.

Brandon <3

Just people annoy me.

Aw I'm sorry. Ignore my language she sounds a right stuck up person. Tbh people like that are just low life's lol 😆 especially in life as its very annoying. But, I hope you feel better? If not sending hugs! Hope work is tomorrow better for you, tbh hope she just moves on from being moody towards people doing their job!

Brandon <3

To be fair I want to be working near her again so I get the chance to tell her what I think. I missed my opportunity lnao. Someone needs to tell her 😅

She also went like to someone “can you tell what I’m thinking” and she was like “I’ve known you long enough I know exactly what you’re thinking “. I was so close to saying “well is it about anyone here, because you’re annoying me with your negativity toward people”

There’s always one though. Who just gotta be rude and negative towards people.
  • Options

Hi shaunie.

Brandon <3

Just people annoy me.

Brandon <3

To be fair I want to be working near her again so I get the chance to tell her what I think. I missed my opportunity lnao. Someone needs to tell her 😅

She also went like to someone “can you tell what I’m thinking” and she was like “I’ve known you long enough I know exactly what you’re thinking “. I was so close to saying “well is it about anyone here, because you’re annoying me with your negativity toward people”

There’s always one though. Who just gotta be rude and negative towards people.

That's funny lol. 😄 you should do that for sure! Ngl that'd be epic. Tell her how you really feel. LOL