Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Zay

Yeah, I do get you. You have a really strong friendship with him. I am really sorry to hear the doctors did not give him enough support. He needs and deserves support. Is it common with the GP he visited? Would a different GP be more helpful? I often find some GP's are better at some things than other GP's. Keep trying to take one step and day at a time. I hope he will feel better soon :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    I do get you @Zay, yes. He deserves a GP who will listen to him and support him. I hope he finds a better GP. Patience with himself is also super important! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Zay - I hope both of your prayers are answered too. You both deserve all the support. I hope you are both feeling better soon. Keep taking care of yourselves and each other! :)
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Just realised I've done part of an assignment wrong and will probably end up spending the next couple of days fixing it, I guess I should be thankful I realised before I submitted it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Dandelion - Hey! I am really sorry to hear that. It must be really frustrating. I am glad you realised before you submitted it as it gives you time to make your work even better. Is it something you can comfortably fix? Here if you need a listening ear or if we can help in any other way :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Someone pick me up from Ely and take me home lol I’ve had enough waiting
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hi @Shaunie

I am sorry to hear you have had enough waiting. Hopefully, you can go home soon! How are you today other than the boredom? I hope you are well! :)
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Aghh my housemate keeps coming and talking to me about what she's putting into her assignment, I've already finished mine and I've told her a million times I don't like to talk about it, because this one was so challenging and once it was done I was actually happy with it. But the more she talks about it the more I think I've done it completely wrong and am going to do really badly on it. I've told her this so many times, but she just keeps coming over anyway, it's really getting on my nerves now.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Dandelion,

That seems really frustrating for you. I’m really sorry to hear this. Is there anyway you can set your boundaries with her around this? You and your mental health are what’s a priority here. Also, I’m sure your assignment is good, I know it can be difficult not to pick it apart when someone’s done something different to yours, but it certainly doesn’t mean that your opinions or viewpoints within your assignment are wrong. I think it would be super helpful to put those boundaries in place with her if this is something you feel comfortable doing, because you deserve to feel comfortable and not feel stressed about an assignment you’ve put a lot of effort and time into <3
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling with this. You have every right to set and keep boundaries. Do you know why your friend keeps talking to you about it? Is it because she is worried about it? If so, she might benefit from Student Space. I have copied and pasted the link below in a spoiler. I hope this helps but if you need to talk to us more about this please feel free to. Please note, I think you will do amazing in your assignment but if not you have tried really hard and that is what matters the most <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Poor sleep schedule and a lack of interest in the usual distractions make up the perfect storm for feeling down. Can't sleep 2am blues. :s
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I am sorry to hear you are struggling to sleep and are not feeling as interested in the usual distractions. Would you like to talk about what normally helps you? I hope you managed to get the sleep you need and deserve in the end! :3
  • Options
    I'm okay thanks @Laura_tigger82

I suppose writing this post was more of a way to pass the time than anything else. And I guess to articulate why early mornings tend to be the times when I feel the lowest or most on edge.
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova

Thanks for your response. I am glad you managed to find another distraction. I hope writing on here helped you. If you do need anything though, please don't hesitate to let us know! I hope you had a better sleep last night :3
  • Options
    I really hate cold callers. Got woken up by a private number calling and leaving me a minute long voicemail of silence. Makes me anxious and ruins it for anyone genuine because now I've blocked all private numbers until I'm expecting a call from someone. :p
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova

Oh no, how frustrating! I am not sure I would feel happy being woken up either. Glad you have found a strategy for managing this so it, hopefully, doesn't happen again. Hope you managed to go back to sleep and get the sleep you need and deserve :3
  • Options
    Don't really have it in me to write an articulate post at the moment. I keep looking at the places / sites I use to talk to people but always land on thinking "what is the fucking point." I've been low sure, but mostly I'm just pissed off and agitated. I know if I try to write anything out long form it'll just be a load of nonsense.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Already this morning I have accidentally called the emergency services by dropping my phone, and stepped on the pointy side of a plug..it’s going to be one of those days isn’t it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Supernova - Thanks for your response. I am really sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. Please take your time. We will all be here for you when you are ready. Though it is also important to note, that it doesn't have to be articulate, just words on a page are perfectly ok if that's all you feel ready for at the moment! <3

@independent_ Oh no! Sorry to hear you are having a difficult morning. It sounds painful stepping on a plug. I hope the rest of your day is better <3

Sending you both hugs! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Have to go to a&e
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    In a&e. Ugh I hate this place so many bad memories and so much waiting makes me agitated and my family don’t know so I have to be quick which is making me more agitated
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    How is it going so far @Shaunie Hopefully you won't be put back on to medical suspension from work because I know that's something that you really do not want.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    How is it going so far @Shaunie Hopefully you won't be put back on to medical suspension from work because I know that's something that you really do not want.

Thank you. @Dancer Just still waiting. I won’t be back on medical suspension cause they already know about this injury. But yeah didn’t want to come here as not urgent urgent but made me promise them and said will be expecting me.
  • Options
    Really need to hurry up cause my family can’t find out ahhh
  • Options
    I don’t know if I can wait any longer my family are gunna get suspicious I might leave
  • Options
    Just discharged myself from hospital. I did see the doctor and stuff but was meant to wait for other stuff. But I couldn’t. Too agitated and my f family getting suspicious
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    My phone bill is going up by nearly 9% by my calculations because of inflation apparently. It pisses me off that the government will only put benefits up by 2 or 3% when most other things are going up by much more.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”