Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2021
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Don’t know why I bother anymore … One card and one present … happy fucking birthday to me

If it makes you feel any better I once had no presents for my birthday not even later or early ones lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    I am sending you all the virtual cards and presents @Millie2787 <3

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to @Millie2787. Happy birthday to you :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCJSNMqub8g
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    My head is killing me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Wrong thread
  • Options
    What's up @Shaunie ? :/
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    So much abuse on social media. God what happens to be kind after the Caroline flack tbing. Literally if you don’t like someone’s content just ignore them. It’s not that hard
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @Shaunie :/ Please feel free to report and block their content if this is something you feel comfortable with doing! Social media should be a supportive space <3
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @Shaunie :/ Please feel free to report and block their content if this is something you feel comfortable with doing! Social media should be a supportive space <3

On tiktok they are all bullying this 16 year old girl for body checking when she has anorexia. But shes 16 like leave her alone. She’s inpatient and clearly struggling
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My head hurts so much.
  • Options
    @Shaunie - Hey! I am really sorry to hear this is happening on social media and that you have seen it too. Really awful treatment. I would encourage you to report them and block them. If you feel comfortable, you could also support her, like signpost her to BEAT! Social media can be a supportive space :) In which ways does your head hurt?

@Zay - Yes, indeed! I am really proud of you because I can see you know what you deserve. Do not settle for anything less <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi @Zay

Is this something you were able to discuss with your psychiatrist? I think they might be your go-to here :3
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by Past User on
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    My psychiatrist put me on promethazine for my sleeping issues. Don't wanna feel as lethargic as I was when I used to take this in the psychiatric hospital.

Ah I hate Promethazine
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    How was your experience with it? @Shaunie

One pill knocks me our within an hour 😅which would be fine in times of distress but I do not like feeling so tired when I’ve slept loads
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh god😅you know they actually sell promethazine over the counter same dose and everything. You kinda have to be like my gp said this dose to get it but you can and I think that’s so bad cause it’s so strong
  • Options
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Oh god😅you know they actually sell promethazine over the counter same dose and everything. You kinda have to be like my gp said this dose to get it but you can and I think that’s so bad cause it’s so strong

No wayyy, I swear it's illegal to sell it without a prescription? And yeah I agree some people abuse it as well, which can be dangerous. Apparently people can get high off it, idk that's what these rappers say in their songs lol :joy:

Lol yeah obviously you have to ask for it and not on the shelves and will ask a few questions but they do sell it still which is crazy. The last time I brought it though she was very hesitant to give it to me and gave me something else and I was like Na that’s not promethazine lol and then she showed me the one and was like yeah that one and said she doesn’t like giving them out.
  • Options
  • Options
    It certainly sounds like it might help you to sleep! Thanks for sharing your experiences @Shaunie. You provided us with much greater insight. How did you sleep last night @Shaunie and @Zay? :3
  • Options
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this @Zay. I am really glad to hear you are both still supporting one another. Make sure you are both looking after yourselves too though. There is lots of support available for you both! I would list support services here but I know you are already aware of them. If we can do anything to help either of you, please just reach out to us again :3
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sorry Zay. It must be a really tough time for you both with being unable to sleep and get the amount of rest you both need and deserve. Do you know why he can't sleep? :/

• Options
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    In May, I am going to a family wedding and my mum has already told the headteacher that I won't be in school on the Friday (the day before the wedding) and now my mum wants to stay even longer at the place (originally it was going to be that we went on the Friday and left on the Sunday so I could be back at school on the Monday) and now my mum wants to do either Wednesday to Sunday or Friday to Tuesday. But then I would end up missing out on even more school which would be critical so close to my exams and my mum doesn't care.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Zay - I am sorry to hear this. Have I already recommended Anxiety UK (https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/) to you? I cannot remember as I have a memory like Dory. If not, I would recommend it! The other things are relaxing music, mindfulness, and meditation. Please know we are here for you too. You do not ever have to support someone at the compromise of your own well-being. Sending you both hugs! :3

@Dancer - I am so sorry to hear this. Have you tried to tell your mum how you feel and why it matters to you? If you have, I am just wondering if you could stay with another family member or friend? Then you could attend the wedding and go to school. We are here for you and listening :3