Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Everyone has a life and actually leaves the house. I should stop scrolling pointlessly through social media just makes me sad. Know people says that may not be how theyre feeling and they may not be happy but they look happy to me, they look like theyre making memories and atleast they have managed to left the house and they have peopoe they can meet up with and have some friends. Im wasting my life doing nothing and feeling sad and being too much of a sad anxious blob to ever have a life. Maybe sound so so selfish and not understanding but i dont wanna be shove in my face a life i can have if i wasnt such a fuck up.

Not that i want everyone to be depressed. Like of corse not. Just jelous. So sad & alone
    I just want to die rn😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Jet lag is insidious. It creeps up when one is least expecting; I try for sleep and cannot. I put eye blinds on to simulate night time - nope. I guess I shall just have to take rest when my body and mind starts asking, but I feel sooo tired it's unreal!! :(
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Shaunie wrote: »

there is a lot more to you than those pills & symptoms.:yes:*hug*

thank you *hug*
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Have just been chucked off one of my social media apps because apparently they have a new rule that under 16s can’t use it... and...I’m under 16. FFS!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Have just been chucked off one of my social media apps because apparently they have a new rule that under 16s can’t use it... and...I’m under 16. FFS!!!

Ive been getting so many of those emails & asking me to accept their new EU data policy and what not & to cofirm im over 16. 16 is quite old tbf for the amount of younger people who use it.
    But i was watching (think it was on ThisMorning) about how many young people are getting sexual abused online & groomed online. With the youngest case being 4. So can definelty see why & try to help keep some safe. But it aint exactly going to stop a lot of people. But definetly need more awarness on grooming ect aswell

I think i read that facebook says can use with parents permisson or something. Though i maybe wrong
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

Ive been getting so many of those emails & asking me to accept their new EU data policy and what not & to cofirm im over 16. 16 is quite old tbf for the amount of younger people who use it.
    But i was watching (think it was on ThisMorning) about how many young people are getting sexual abused online & groomed online. With the youngest case being 4. So can definelty see why & try to help keep some safe. But it aint exactly going to stop a lot of people. But definetly need more awarness on grooming ect aswell

I think i read that facebook says can use with parents permisson or something. Though i maybe wrong

I haven’t checked my emails in ages but have probably had a couple of emails like that. I think 16 is quite high tbh as well, although I say this as a 15 year old. It’s not like I’m 11 and can’t understand what they’re doing with my data.

I can totally understand it’s for protection, it’s just annoying for people who are between 13-15 and already had access, being removed without warning.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

I haven’t checked my emails in ages but have probably had a couple of emails like that. I think 16 is quite high tbh as well, although I say this as a 15 year old. It’s not like I’m 11 and can’t understand what they’re doing with my data.

I can totally understand it’s for protection, it’s just annoying for people who are between 13-15 and already had access, being removed without warning.

Oh that is really annoying. Esp without warning !Hopefully theses a way to get account back & the rule is with parents permisson or whatnot.
  • Options
    Ugh was about to buy a top from boohoo but its not in my basket anymore and out of stock now. Ummm was gunna get it. But was waiting for free delivery lol.

No one steals from a basket In tescos.
    Rudeeeee. Ah
  • Options
    AlyKatAlyKat Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Not really a rant but more a question. I know when I joined this forum that is was based in the UK and I am totally cool with that even though I am from the United States, but I was wondering if there were others here like myself who were from the United States or Canada that use this site? Thanks
  • Options
    AlyKat wrote: »
    Not really a rant but more a question. I know when I joined this forum that is was based in the UK and I am totally cool with that even though I am from the United States, but I was wondering if there were others here like myself who were from the United States or Canada that use this site? Thanks

Dont think there is many, if any at all, tbh. Not sure. Though id love to live in Canada ah.
    welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    AlyKatAlyKat Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot

Dont think there is many, if any at all, tbh. Not sure. Though id love to live in Canada ah.
    welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the reply Shaunie. I actually think the UK would be an exciting place to live. This upcoming weekend is certainly going to quite busy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    AlyKat wrote: »

I don't know of others from the USA or Canada, but community will shortly be migrating to Vanilla forums and I'm sure that you may be finding new members joining from your country. I am tagging @The Mix to give you further information. Welcome again to our boards. :)

Ranty time...
    To my horror I found a massive hornets nest lodged up in our attic. What alerted me as hearing Sophie scream in her bedroom. I rushed in to see a hornet poking its head out of the ceiling where in the corner of her room part of it was discoloured a sort of browny colour. The papered part of the ceiling looked chewed into. I helped her evacuate to my bedroom and checked our guest rooms. Thankfully nowhere. Then I called my BFF to get advice on pest control. The hornet's nest spanned later than I realised. Presently waiting for the pest control man to come. More expense I can do without! :(
  • Options
    Top tip: do not ask someone with a chronic dizziness problem to go on a spinny thingy at the playpark 😂 my niece did this today and I honestly could hardly stand for like 10 minutes 😂😂
  • Options
    Ptw
    Tried so hard to distract myself and focus on other things. But im still so suicidal.

Keep thinking about ways i could end it, while feeling my heart and breathing go lil bit faster like im scared but so excited. - i cant sleep

So fed up and sad. Just want it to stop 😭
  • Options
    Went to the Dr about my anxiety and asked for anything but diazepam... and walked out with diazepam (I'm already on diazepam everyday) :confused: didn't want it cause it only works for a few hours then wears off... so his solution is for me to take it 3 times a day so it doesn't wear off, welcome to zombie bubbles!!!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I use that stuff, Bubbles, but only occasionally. But your doc seems nuts to have done that. Doesn't he realise that stuff can be so addictive? Doctors are warned about dishing it out to their patients. Well, I thought so. How about you get a second opinion? It wouldn't hurt to ask another doctor and maybe you'll be prescribed something less zombified.

• Options
    Floxy wrote: »
    I use that stuff, Bubbles, but only occasionally. But your doc seems nuts to have done that. Doesn't he realise that stuff can be so addictive? Doctors are warned about dishing it out to their patients. Well, I thought so. How about you get a second opinion? It wouldn't hurt to ask another doctor and maybe you'll be prescribed something less zombified.

I don't know, I am worried about becoming addicted to it as I have bpd as well...Sadly I left it too late to get a second opinion as we leave on Tuesday :( tempted just to skip the diazepam and take my promethazine every night even though I'm not meant to... I just don't want to be a zombie/asleep for the wedding :crying:
  • Options

I don't know, I am worried about becoming addicted to it as I have bpd as well...Sadly I left it too late to get a second opinion as we leave on Tuesday :( tempted just to skip the diazepam and take my promethazine every night even though I'm not meant to... I just don't want to be a zombie/asleep for the wedding :crying:

Did you make the wedding? Seeing Meghan stepping out and walking alone up to Charles made me cry. Such poise.

Can you space that diazipam? Even 24 hours will help prevent addiction from sneaking in. I'm not familiar with that other stuff.

Take care, okay? pm me if you need.
  • Options
    Rant 1. Extra tired from repairing the roof tiles yesterday evening, I overslept siesta and missed Under 16's chat. :(

Rant 2. The water here is not safe to drink (though desalinated its still salty) so it either means buying endless bottles of mineral water, or, paying €1,000 a month for fresh water delivered by truck. The alternative is way cheaper. Leasing a solar-driven air-to-water converter would supply all our domestic needs. But it's still costly.

Oh, and the extortionate price of milk. Local supermarket charges €2.75 for 1 litre in town, but only slightly cheaper in the hypermarket. Solution, buy a cow? No, imagine the plop.:eek2:
  • Options
    Flying ants today. and they bite. :(
  • Options
    Knock knock - is anybody at home?

The forum is deserted. All it has are a bunch of spammers. :lol:
  • Options
    Floxy wrote: »
    Knock knock - is anybody at home?

The forum is deserted. All it has are a bunch of spammers. :lol:

It is pretty quiet around here - has been since I joined back in 2016. The people that are here are amazing though :)
  • Options

It is pretty quiet around here - has been since I joined back in 2016. The people that are here are amazing though :)

I agree with you, people here are awesome when we see them. One day they will return after finishing their exams etc, bringing greatness back to our boards.

A little rant for this afternoon. Flying ants! Pity the weather forecasters can't warn of them. Horrid things the beasts bite. Hard. Sophie got bitten three times poor darling. I put some good anti-bite cream on her, and some on my ankle. Oh, and we're a thunderstorm. I wondered why my weather station was bleating like a goat this morning haha!
  • Options
    Why do puppies think digging up the garden and trailing muck about the house is a fun game? 
  • Options
    Why do puppies think digging up the garden and trailing muck about the house is a fun game? 
    I don't know, but we should be grateful they're unlike cats that dig holes in the garden to crap in them.
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Not defending them or anything, but it does sound fun actually  :joy:

Aidan said:
    Not defending them or anything, but it does sound fun actually  :joy:
    Maybe it's fun for them, but it certainly ain't fun for the people who have to hoover it up ;) 
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    I don't know, but we should be grateful they're unlike cats that dig holes in the garden to crap in them.
    This is true. Puppies just crap wherever they darn well please haha!! At least they don't bring mice into the house!
  • Options
    My fan is blowing out warm air and my room is absolutely roasting!! The weather in this country goes from one extreme to another ;)
  • Options
    My fan is blowing out warm air and my room is absolutely roasting!! The weather in this country goes from one extreme to another ;)
    I hate the humidity that comes with hot weather, so I feel for you. Looks like thunderstorms are forecasted tomorrow and Monday. Stay safe!

My rant was having to muck out the chicken shed. Been stalling the ghastly job for ages. Bought a face mask and goggles, gloves and wore boots. Found a pitchfork and shovel, all good but what wasn't were the rodents. Borrowed the neighbour's dog for them. Job took 3 hour's sweat in 40C, drank 4 litres of water. Afterwards had to shower twice. Sophie remarked I resembled a scarecrow. :joy:

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I come home to my London house to find a wasp's nest in my garage. Bloody things! They're out  early this year so be careful, homies! :warning: