Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    So done with my school!!

What's happened? :(
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Mirabelle wrote: »

What's happened? :(

Far too much to list unfortunately.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Far too much to list unfortunately.

I hope your Mum will continue giving you the support you deserve, and stand up to the officious narky teachers/support teacher. Keep soldiering on, Eleanor, but remember you have endured brilliantly so far, and though you're going through fire at this school, you will see the back of it when the time comes for you to leave. It will be their loss - not your's. Mandy and I are keeping you in our thoughts.
    Mirabelle wrote: »

I hope your Mum will continue giving you the support you deserve, and stand up to the officious narky teachers/support teacher. Keep soldiering on, Eleanor, but remember you have endured brilliantly so far, and though you're going through fire at this school, you will see the back of it when the time comes for you to leave. It will be their loss - not your's. Mandy and I are keeping you in our thoughts.

Aww thank you Belle!! I’m still on the “Avoid that support woman that had a go at me for absolutely nothing” mission haha!! But yeah mum has been great. I go on exam leave next Friday, tbh although I have exams I’ll be glad to be at home most of the time lol!! I’ll be glad when I leave the school for good!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Aww thank you Belle!! I’m still on the “Avoid that support woman that had a go at me for absolutely nothing” mission haha!! But yeah mum has been great. I go on exam leave next Friday, tbh although I have exams I’ll be glad to be at home most of the time lol!! I’ll be glad when I leave the school for good!

I was just thinking that maaaaybe since Scottish students get free university tuition - am I right? - you might consider applying to do an online university course after finishing college, whereupon at home you'd have all the coursework sent you via email and you could set time allowances that would pace you. I don't know if being in Scotland you could do this, and, obtain university-standard tuition that is free of fees.

Whereas I am doing an online degree course that my senior aunt (not the badass flapper historian aunt) has paid for, and I'm having a whale of a time enjoying doing an Oxford BSc Hons in Tudor History. And absolutely loving it though its intense! And thankfully, at my own pace as I've been very sick and still not feeling my best yet. Anyway, praps you could ask Mum so that at some time in the future, if you got an education grant, attempt a university degree course at home, that is, after finishing college? I reckon you'd love it.

Anyways, I had to return to get 20 books on Tudor History I'd stupidly left at home (oh + this is part of my ranty-rant should any beaky mod be wondering), and together with music equipment, piss off home this weekend. Illness aside, it's been a brilliant week:rainbow2:

• MAP98MAP98 Posts: 18 Settling in
    Shaunie wrote: »
    *original post removed*

The worst thing that you can possibly do is shut people out, believe me I have been there and it was the darkest and saddest couple of months I had, you just have to see through it to fight for something you love - family pets, friends or family maybe. Doesn't even have to be a living object, it could be a place, death has surrounded me and now I am so glad to be living, yes I still have daily struggles and a whole lot going on but I am grateful i fought through any feelings. If you open up to your sister and family, they may show support or maybe not but it is definitely worth the risk. A lot of my family don't understand my mental health but my friends have the best understanding of it.
    You just have to open up. In terms of you saying that you want to commit, just think what if it doesn't go to plan, I have witnessed many deaths and none of them are pretty, they are all so painful, none of them are easy.
    Just live your life and there is support out there.
    Get into contact with the NHS, the have many support such as RAID, which if you feel like this they will admit you to keep and eye on you and maybe give you meds.
    Just please know that people are here for you, regardless of them knowing you or not.
    Internet is shit tonight. :/
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    MAP98 wrote: »

The worst thing that you can possibly do is shut people out, believe me I have been there and it was the darkest and saddest couple of months I had, you just have to see through it to fight for something you love - family pets, friends or family maybe. Doesn't even have to be a living object, it could be a place, death has surrounded me and now I am so glad to be living, yes I still have daily struggles and a whole lot going on but I am grateful i fought through any feelings. If you open up to your sister and family, they may show support or maybe not but it is definitely worth the risk. A lot of my family don't understand my mental health but my friends have the best understanding of it.
    You just have to open up. In terms of you saying that you want to commit, just think what if it doesn't go to plan, I have witnessed many deaths and none of them are pretty, they are all so painful, none of them are easy.
    Just live your life and there is support out there.
    Get into contact with the NHS, the have many support such as RAID, which if you feel like this they will admit you to keep and eye on you and maybe give you meds.
    Just please know that people are here for you, regardless of them knowing you or not.

Thank you for your lovely message😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Feel like I have been dissocotating all day. Everything feels & looks so so closeee & loud. My phone feel so close but quite far at same time 😭 is actually doing my head in
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    It's too chilly to get out of bed and crank up the central heating and oh how I wish the dog would get out from under our bed and go fart under someone else's. .__.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'm anxious. Got my driving test today, hope I'm gonna get through it. Even if i pass the test I'll still have to have a parent with me til I reach 18
    Good news - I passed my driver's test! :hyper: Great news also, my restored Citroen 2 CV Dolly passed MOT and got plated up so we we've got wheels and aunty is pleased. :d

Bad news - came home yesterday to a raging gale and lashing rain and part of our guttering fallen off. This morning I spent a very wet cold and soggy two hours fixing it back up while perched on a 30' ladder. Not for the faint hearted! But a nice cuppa tea solved all. :thumb:
    Belle is having a rough time tonight so tomorrow I'll be leading her band instead. It's going to be exciting, but I'm a bit anxious. Hope it all goes right on the night so please remember me. We have been to the venue before, so things should be straightforward.

First. Exam. Today... 9am until 10.08!! Can it just be 10:09 please??
    Why can't my aunts ask us first if we'd be prepared to look after those twins we've been coaching? Now we're lumbered with a pair of mischievous 12 year olds in what is going to be all summer long. It's not fair.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Well done for passing your driving test @Floxy!

Best of luck for your exam @independent_! 3 minutes until it's finished! Let us know how it goes!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife wrote: »
    Well done for passing your driving test @Floxy!

Hey @Aife it's great being a driver now, but wish I could get my Citroen 2CV Dolly sent out to Mallorca.

Though this is a 1988, mine looks the same and is a 1983. What a hoot to drive! biggrinbackup.gif

Attachment not found.

Well i was about to binge because my sister was geting into the shower. I thought like okay i am sad and my sister takes ages in the shower maybe i could binge eat then purge straight after, in that time. So then im like um what do i eat thats not too obvious its gone. So i thought id put cereal into a mug lollll so it wont even use a bowl and wonder whos used a bowl gues yeah i aint washin it up aswell lol. But then anyway my sister takes like 5 minutes in the showrr and im like what the fuck, -but she only went and had a fringe wash. Like what even the fcuk is that lolllllllll. Apperently washt the front of her hair makes the rest look okay lolll. so then im like omg if someone sees me trying to eat on my own this is going to be the end of the world and will look fat. So i was left in room with a cup full of cereal not knowing where to hid it. Like woah this is happening too quick then Omg lol so i got a poo bag and put it in there lol😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 i did come here to rant cause i felt disgusting, hate myself and sad and suicidal and that i still want to binge eat but now writing it i think is maybe just funny now aha
    Aife wrote: »
    Best of luck for your exam [USER="95994"]independent_[/USER]! 3 minutes until it's finished! Let us know how it goes!

I actually didn’t end up finishing until around 10.28 - my computer broke down, they gave me the wrong question paper, then the CD wasn’t working!!!

But apart from that it all went ok (I think)? There were some bangin’ tunes in it too - Lady Gaga’s “bad romance” played on a flute and loads of songs from well-known musicals etc... was trying no to sing along the whole time haha!!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Only i could manage to fall out of bed and bruise my entire kneecap :crying::crying:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Omg wow the only time i try to make myself feel better someone has to be a dick. All i wanted was to paint my room all white today. But my mum is threatening to kick me out if i do because she likes the colour it is now😭😂. Um it looks like a kids room with light baby blue color. Is my own room ffs. Whats wrong with white 😒😒😒😒😒thought would be good to have nice distraction and to have a lil change. What a twat. She doesnt even live here.
    Feel free to kick me out. Maybe ill have better chance of killing myself
    Well looks like i wont be painting my room cause no one gives a fuck about what i want. My dad got annoyed too because my mum controls him. And started shouting at me because my mum was shouting at him. What weirdos. Then my dad asked me why does he get all the stress- i was like what do you mean and he was like well everytime you go out now i have to worry the police will come round. Um i knew he would bring it back to me and make mefeel bad at some point this week. I shoukd of died instead. Maybe no onewould have to worry and wouldnt cause so much agruement. All about what suits everyone else, never give a fuck about how i feel. I dont get why he needed to bring up the topic of police. Like no point. He doesnt care about me he cares about the stress i cause.
    They can go to hell i dont get a fuck anymore. All family full of pricks and dont care. Im so sad and alone😭
    While extracting an obstinate expired battery from my mouse, the thing slipped out of my hand, fell to the floor and smashed on the ceramic tiles. Until buying a new mouse I am having to use the laptop's track pad. Not so easily done. It's the irritating little things in life that are so annoying. By comparison its the big things that are easy to deal with.
    I needlessly spent €1,400 on a new Dell XPS 13 only to see my old one that had blue screened, unexpectedly return to life. :rolleyes:
    The "edit" of my post above has disappeared. Is this usual? It's completely gone so I can't post an edit.
    Anyway, next rant is my printer. I want to print in black ink NOT colour! The wretched printer keeps bleeping "change cartridge to colour". No - I've just put in a new black ink one so print out what I want! But printer doesn't want to know starts screeching back at me. Am I the only technophobe? Why is it that printers seem to enjoy frustrating me to the point of tears?? Why does anything tech-computers never work for me? Then Sophie comes in, says excuse me, reaches across and presses a button. "There ya'are Floxx, try that now."

Yay it works! :d

Sophie, "May I have some money to buy a new bikini?"

-Does there have to be a price for everything? She seems to think so. Kids! :cool:
    Ice cream vans should be banned worldwide. And I thought just the UK was infested with them, but no. Even Mallorca is plagued with them. They are a nuisance to many people with their noise day after day, especially to the housebound and those bringing up children who bear an additional burden of being pestered. Here the ice cream is dispensed by a cigarette smoker in a white jacket. "Can I have ice cream with fag ash sprinkles, please?" "Sure, that'll cost you 3 euros please." :impissed:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I wish could remember who I was before my life became a list of symptoms and a sea of pills.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Floxy wrote: »
    Ice cream vans should be banned worldwide. And I thought just the UK was infested with them, but no. Even Mallorca is plagued with them. They are a nuisance to many people with their noise day after day, especially to the housebound and those bringing up children who bear an additional burden of being pestered. Here the ice cream is dispensed by a cigarette smoker in a white jacket. "Can I have ice cream with fag ash sprinkles, please?" "Sure, that'll cost you 3 euros please." :impissed:

Aw i like ice cream vans! I dont really hear that many though. Im sure if it was overplayed i would hate it & it would be like the worst sunmer music haha. But love getting my spotaneaous, 99 flake ha. But i dont think there is anything more disappionting than when you manage to find all your pennies to get there & find out the nice man in the van has left with your 99 😒😒😒
    I wish could remember who I was before my life became a list of symptoms and a sea of pills.

there is a lot more to you than those pills & symptoms.:yes:*hug*
    Shaunie wrote: »

Aw i like ice cream vans! I dont really hear that many though. Im sure if it was overplayed i would hate it & it would be like the worst sunmer music haha. But love getting my spotaneaous, 99 flake ha. But i dont think there is anything more disappionting than when you manage to find all your pennies to get there & find out the nice man in the van has left with your 99 😒😒😒

But I do like my 99's. It was just that the ding-donging all afternoon drove us crazy when all we wanted was a quiet afternoon. Yum, just the thought of a 99 flake gets me drooling. Why can't they make a big block of 99 flake ice cream? The supermarkets would sell out before the day's up! :yum: