Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best mate is getting married in Mauritius in early June but nobody is going, just her and her bloke. They are having a pre-wedding party on the 1st of May but me and my hubby are the only friends to be invited, the rest going are all close family. They are having a reception in the UK in July.

She has given me her code for a gift list they have set-up at Debenhams. My question is, when do I give them the gift? I've already decided what I will buy, but do I give it to them at the party? Or do I see them afew days before they travel and give it to them then? Or do I give it to them at the reception in July? My first thought was at the reception and my hubby agrees, but they will have been back in the UK for about a month by then and I'm sure I will see them as soon as they get back so this doesn't seem right?

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't have thought it mattered really... I think as you know what you're getting I'd give it to them at the pre-party on May 1. Then they can decide if they want to open it then or after the wedding or what.

I imagine some people will give them presents on May 1, some a few days before they travel, some when they're back and some at the July party! They'll prob like it as it'll spread it out.
  • Options
    If they have set up a gift list won't all the presents be delivered to them by Debenhams whenever they've arranged it?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    If they have set up a gift list won't all the presents be delivered to them by Debenhams whenever they've arranged it?

This.

I thought you just had to go online and choose what off the list you were gonna buy... pay for it online and then it gets delivered to the couple and tells them who everything is from.

If not... I'm sure it doesn't matter when.
  • Options
    Yeh think that is prob what happens with the Debenhams thing but should have said I'm also going to get them something else.......... guess it doesn't really matter when I give it to them then :chin: