Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

suicidal seven year old!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so I better give some background information first..
Nearly two years ago at my sisters wedding in Italy, my eldest brother who has two kids and is an alcholoic tried to kill my mother in front of all the wedding guests as he thought she was the devel. We had an argument when I told him that he was drunk and should go cool off after he tried to rub red wine that was on his hands all over my shirt. His wife who is as bad as him then came down from the bar with two cocktails in her hand, when i said do you want me to call a taxi for you's as its getting late and the children are tired. She threw a fit at me and said that she was having a drink and basically didnt care, she was trying to make a scene and I walked out as i didnt want any arguments at my sisters wedding. Then she followed me and started shouting and threw her handbag at me while the children stood and stared. I walked around the other side of the marquee to cool off when I heard a scream and my brother was being dragged out laughing sadistically and shouting the devil is in that bitch! I then learned that he had returned to the marquee and jumped over the table and started boxing my mother (54 with MS) while she was sitting talking to her sisters. The kids seen the whole event and i know it scared them deeply.
When we returned home, my brother, sister and mother agreed to go to counseling and after some time, my mother and brother are on good terms, she now orks in his shop. Yet the children at times have shown some strange behaviour and the other day was the most worrying to date. My parents took them for a picnic along with my sister and her husband. They had a great day but when they where going home, Stella (7) threw a wobbler and started to beat Oscar (5) and give him a bloody nose. When my sister got them home, she told her that she was a fat fucker and that she hated her, she then began taking all memrobila of her from the house, birthday cards, pictures she drew etc. She also said that nobody loves her, everyone hates her and that she has thought of lots of different ways of how she could kill herself! My mother and the rest of the family try very hard to give them some stability and love when they come visit our house, yet they get none of this at home and im very worried as to how much more then can cope with this, its not something any child should have to deal with and the fact that a 7 year old has thought of suicide is very disturbing. I have told my family to send the kids to a child psychologist, but whats the point? when they go home to a house like that...Really its the parents who need help too! Im stcuk in china so cant help and am really worried.

Comments

• Options
    ok so I better give some background information first..
    Nearly two years ago at my sisters wedding in Italy, my eldest brother who has two kids and is an alcholoic tried to kill my mother in front of all the wedding guests as he thought she was the devel. We had an argument when I told him that he was drunk and should go cool off after he tried to rub red wine that was on his hands all over my shirt. His wife who is as bad as him then came down from the bar with two cocktails in her hand, when i said do you want me to call a taxi for you's as its getting late and the children are tired. She threw a fit at me and said that she was having a drink and basically didnt care, she was trying to make a scene and I walked out as i didnt want any arguments at my sisters wedding. Then she followed me and started shouting and threw her handbag at me while the children stood and stared. I walked around the other side of the marquee to cool off when I heard a scream and my brother was being dragged out laughing sadistically and shouting the devil is in that bitch! I then learned that he had returned to the marquee and jumped over the table and started boxing my mother (54 with MS) while she was sitting talking to her sisters. The kids seen the whole event and i know it scared them deeply.
    When we returned home, my brother, sister and mother agreed to go to counseling and after some time, my mother and brother are on good terms, she now orks in his shop. Yet the children at times have shown some strange behaviour and the other day was the most worrying to date. My parents took them for a picnic along with my sister and her husband. They had a great day but when they where going home, Stella (7) threw a wobbler and started to beat Oscar (5) and give him a bloody nose. When my sister got them home, she told her that she was a fat fucker and that she hated her, she then began taking all memrobila of her from the house, birthday cards, pictures she drew etc. She also said that nobody loves her, everyone hates her and that she has thought of lots of different ways of how she could kill herself! My mother and the rest of the family try very hard to give them some stability and love when they come visit our house, yet they get none of this at home and im very worried as to how much more then can cope with this, its not something any child should have to deal with and the fact that a 7 year old has thought of suicide is very disturbing. I have told my family to send the kids to a child psychologist, but whats the point? when they go home to a house like that...Really its the parents who need help too! Im stcuk in china so cant help and am really worried.
    when you come back from china you should report the parents to the police and the police should get the parent sorted out and you should explain to the kids that you are trying to give them a better life and that their parents will be safe keep the kids with you for a while and if when they back with there parents it happens again then the kids should live with you or the parent might do serious damage to them my parent are the same sometimes but i'm 16 i know not to bother them a 7 year old will run awa avenchualy and that will be it
  • Options
    also a 5 year old doesn't have a clue what's happening so by the time the 5 year old is 7 then he or she will start to know whats going on and will also be suicidal
  • Options
    Knoppix, one of my first memories is my mum and dad fighting when I was 3. So, kids know what is going on.

To the OP... I think you should get the seven year old help. I started to self harm when I was 7, and I wish I'd had help I really do. She may just of been saying it, and isn't thinking about it seriously, but for anyone at any ages to say they want to die is a cause for concern. She is young though, and she might not of meant anything by it, but I think she should maybe go in to play therapy? Because she obviously has a lot of emotions she needs to let out, and it's better for her to be able to let them out in a safe environment than on others and/or herself.
    Xx
  • Options
    its shit the way some children have to live. Those poor kids dont stand a chance
  • Options
    i agree with suzy

OP: if they don't wan't to do play therpy has i didn't want to do a lot of things like that when i was a kid you could always try to explain

or you could take them on a months holiday to get it off there mind
  • Options
    Hi Craicjunkie :wave:

This must be hard for you being so far removed from the situation, you're right to advise your family to get help. If they are on good terms now do you think your mum or another family member closer would be able to talk to the parents and encourage them to seek help?

If you are seriously concerned for the children's well being then you could raise your concerns with the local social services department/contact centre, if you look on the approriate council's website they will have details of this. The nspcc would be able to give you further advice.

Please let us know how you get on,

dp :heart: