Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Looking for compact digicam with full control

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I used to have an Olympus C765 compact 4MP camera which allowed full control over shutter speed, aperture size, focus and ISO. I'm shopping for a new compact and I'm struggling to find any that will open up the advanced options. The current line-up of digicams only seem to have set scenes and auto mode. Sure, I could select the 'sports' preset to force a high shutter speed, but kitteh demandz full control! :-P If someone can prove me wrong, throwing me one or two model numbers, that would be awesome. I think the general price rule is £225 max for a compact, then as long as it's 10MP or over, it's groovy.

Cheers :-)

P.S. I've always had Olympus in the past, but the best I can find at the moment is unlocked ISO (using "P" mode, but everything else 'dumbed-down')
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Canon 'G' range is very good for compacts with more advanced features. You can choose aperture or shutter priority, or full manual. And with a bit of fiddling, you can use them to shoot in RAW mode too.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I found some G models on eBay... "G11" but they were all from Hong Kong or Taiwan. All of them. Imagine the customs tax on that O.o

Amazon fared better though and found me a few G10s & G11s from UK sellers.

Thanks buddy :-)