Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Football teams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello,
I was just wondering what people are most likely to pick as there favourite football team. I will go first mine used to be Arsenal and now it is Man U.
Whats yours?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Can't change teams! Glory supporter!

Xx
  • Options
    I had only liked Arsenal when I was very little when I hadn't noticed how badly they had played and compared to Man U they are pretty bad.

So I have supported Man U since I was nine 3 monthe 2 weeks and 5 days in 15 hour of the daay in age when I had watched a football game.
  • Options
    Yeah, you are a glory supporter.
    Xx
  • Options
    Southampton, as that's my original 'hood.

Though if you can have a second team, it would be Fulham - as I live round the corner from Craven Cottage.
  • Options
    hollyboo19 wrote: »
    I had only liked Arsenal when I was very little when I hadn't noticed how badly they had played and compared to Man U they are pretty bad.

that is the deffinition of a Glory Hunter, someone who picks a team because they play well.
    hollyboo19 wrote: »
    So I have supported Man U since I was nine 3 monthe 2 weeks and 5 days in 15 hour of the daay in age when I had watched a football game.

Yeah, I don't believe you know the hour you became a united supporter.
  • Options
    I'm an ARSENAL FAN. Through and through mate :p
    Xx
  • Options
    I did support Arsenal...

....But then I got busy and didn't really keep up with football. So decided it wasn't necessarily the truth to say I support them. But if I went back to following football and watching matches etc, it would be them. Wouldn't change :yes:
  • Options
    bolton wanderers. :]
  • Options
    I know i have great taste thats why i support the greatest team ever

"CHELSEA"

True blue through and through !
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I know i have great taste thats why i support the greatest team ever

"CHELSEA"

True blue through and through !

Ugghh

Talk about rubbish - they're named after a place they're not even located in.

Fulham were offered the site of Stamford Bridge about a hundred years ago and turned it down. Don't blame them. The Cottage is a much nicer venue.
  • Options
    Ugghh

Talk about rubbish - they're named after a place they're not even located in.

Fulham were offered the site of Stamford Bridge about a hundred years ago and turned it down. Don't blame them. The Cottage is a much nicer venue.

Huuuh how can you say that, the Bridge is a magnificent jewel in the capitals crown. The home of the best team in London :thumb:
    The only draw back about the place is its really difficult to get away after the games, Fulham Broadway and West Brompton cant cope with the massive crowds although massive crowds are never going to ba a problem for Fulham i guess :D
  • Options
    Newcastle Utd
  • Options
    Louise... Seriously?
    Xx
  • Options
    Leeds United!
    Because of family from up there and being taken to games as a kid when visiting my grandad. I have always supported them.
    Marching on together!!

I do also have a soft spot for Brighton & Hove Albion as they are the local side for me, but when it comes to Leeds V Brighton, there can be no mercy. Leeds til I die.
  • Options
    Huuuh how can you say that, the Bridge is a magnificent jewel in the capitals crown. The home of the best team in London :thumb:
    The only draw back about the place is its really difficult to get away after the games, Fulham Broadway and West Brompton cant cope with the massive crowds although massive crowds are never going to ba a problem for Fulham i guess :D

Craven Cottage does quite nicely thank you very much.

Remind me which European competition Chavski are still in? Oh yeah, that's right :D
  • Options
    West Ham. I take an interest in a couple of others (namely Norwich City, Southend, Leyton Orient and Dagenham and Redbridge) but West Ham always come first.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I do also have a soft spot for Brighton & Hove Albion as they are the local side for me, but when it comes to Leeds V Brighton, there can be no mercy. Leeds til I die.

A friend of mine once told me you can't support two teams in the same division - that's coming from someone, who at some point, was supporting Barnet & Bradford City.:yeees:

I support Plymouth Argyle (because I was born here) and Man City. (Because I didn't want to support the same team as everyone at school - Man United)

When I'm in London, I weill go and watch Barnet & Hendon both play - but don't dupport them as such.
    that is the deffinition of a Glory Hunter, someone who picks a team because they play well.

Exactly. I once got called a glory supporter - at the time, Plymouth had just been promoted to League One. (Division Two back then):yeees: I was born here, therefore, I have every right to support them. If I was going to be a glory supporter, I would've chosen a team in the premiership - not one just promoted to the third tier of English football.
  • Options
    Reading :)
  • Options
    frenchhorn wrote: »
    Reading :)

Oh well never mind someone has to :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh well never mind someone has to :thumb:

Nowt wrong with the Biscuitmen thankee very much. My dad was born within earshot of Elm Park and so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

What exactly is your affiliation to Chavski may I ask?
  • Options
    Nowt wrong with the Biscuitmen thankee very much. My dad was born within earshot of Elm Park and so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

What exactly is your affiliation to Chavski may I ask?

Family tradition, my dads side of the family originate from the Parsons Green area.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    A friend of mine once told me you can't support two teams in the same division - that's coming from someone, who at some point, was supporting Barnet & Bradford City.:yeees:

I never said I supported Brighton. I don't. I only support one team and that's Leeds United.

I just said I have a soft spot for them. I'll check up on how they're doing in the league occaisionally and I'd rather see them do well than any other team in the league, other than Leeds. Doesn't make a loyal supporter.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Aberdeen! I'm a scottish lass.

Where is Bri-namite when you need him? :D
  • Options
    Man City. Was forced into it by my dad. Seems to be coming good atm.