Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hey .self-harm :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im 16 and i always think about cutting myself because i really like it and if i don't do it im really depressed ... i think im obsessed with someone i cant have.. my friends tell me to get a grip and move on.. even though i really need to i still don't because just the thought of forgetting that person is really distressing. Again and again people say "no one is worth hurting yourself over" but that's not true some people are so important you put them far above yourself and you would do anything to make them happy because if their happy, then your happy...okay....hope that makes sense :)

Comments

• Options
    hoooww do you get over that when the whole world is telling you to stop but i really cant let go.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh its not easy trying to find someone else because i dont really want anyone else HELLLPPP MEEE :/
  • Options
    There is no easy way to get over someone like that. If you really want to harm yourself because your so depressed, then I suggest you do something different, sorta like an extreme sport which will flood your system with adrenaline. One of the ones I did (and still do if there isn't a girl around) is duck tape my feet to a skate board and then get pulled along by a car, fast and fun, but the thrill that you get is so much better than the sensation of actually cutting yourself.

Are you still friends with this person? If yeah, how do they act around you? Keep posting :)

Bio
  • Options
    Im sort of friends with that person but im bisexual and he is straight so yeah he doesn't really have a clue and thinks we are just friends :/ I forgot to mention that he lives in California.......and i live in Bristol....:/
  • Options
    Well that distance in it's self can be used to your advantage, because he lives so far away. Have you thought about looking for someone a bit closer to home?
  • Options
    i could but i would probably be using them to make myself feel better. Im not all that interested in anyone from where im from.
  • Options
    I see where your coming from there. Well, the only way that you really can get over them is trying to find someone new to show your intrest too, hopfully someone who shows that same interest back to you, be it either a girl or a guy, it generally helps a person move on because it sets something new in their mind.

If noone interests you in your area, try maybe the next town along? *shrug* Keep posting mate. :)
  • Options
    Last time something like this happened i got over it using the magical powers of : Alcohol, weed and friends :/ im not sure if i should do that again or not
  • Options
    Friends, yeah, alcohol...maybe...but not too much...weed, dunno, never smoked so I can't say alot on that subject. Go out with your friends and have a party or a get together, or go clubbing one night with a whole lot of you and see it it takes your mind of things.
  • Options
    yeah i cant stay at home alone too long or i will have nothing else to think about so im usually out all day on a mega long walk or something like that. The weathers pretty cool at the moment i guess that will cheer me up a bit.
  • Options
    Go down the beach (if that's what you can even call british beaches) and dig a hole. I find that keeps me calmish and takes my mind off stuff, because I can take everything out on the sand (or rather...pebbles) but the satisfaction when your standing in a hole with only your head showing above the edge...pretty amusing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i hate sand haha lol
  • Options
    Lucky it isn't sand then XD I dunno then. Bike ride?
  • Options
    ..... im sure i'll find something xD Alton towers? lol
  • Options
    Yeah, why not? Lol, get a load of people together and go. More the merrier...Usually anyway.
  • Options
    i would but i really need a job :/ so im gonna have to find a cheaper option for now
  • Options
    Aye, money can be useful thing in this day and age. I remember when fredo's were only 5p
  • Options
    huh i'll just listen to music
  • Options
    What sorta stuff do you listen to?
  • Options
    a really wierd mixture of stuff like: Evanescence, Paramore, Lady GaGa, Little Boots, Marina & the diamonds, Aerosmith and Black Eyed Peas..... i know wierd :L
  • Options
    Nah not really. I listen to most of those. Got any particular types of music you prefer? Like pop, or metal or rock etc
  • Options
    no i like a few songs of all types to be honest
  • Options
    Kewl, bit of everything goes down well I suppose. Right mate, keep posting cause there are loads of people here that can help ya with your problems!
  • Options
    i hope so
  • Options
    i still think im back to where i started off.... i wanna know why i like it so much .....it doesn't make any sense any more
  • Options
    Is it because you can control it?
  • Options
    Its like an addiction because whenever i think about it i have to do it. Whenever i look at reasons why some people do it i cant find a reason for me. Yes, i get depressed but i really don't think that is why i do it.
  • Options
    do i need help?! if so, how?
  • Options
    sometimes i really want to just jump off a bridge... i got a really depressing email from a friend i used to be real close to. And its just made me feel down since i got it
  • Options
    Hi ccrazy :wave:

How are you feeling this evening? Seems like you are having a tough time at the moment and that you are considering getting some professional help with your feelings and use of self harm. Thesite has loads of up to date and concise information on self-harm - why not check it out? The pages under the title 'getting help' may be of particular interest?

You asked if you need help. It seems to us that you have already started to seek that out by coming to the boards - this is really positive and there is some great advice and support available in this community, so please keep posting.

Take care - :)
  • Options
    im going to see my GP about it tomorrow with a friend but im really nervous im a really shy person and if they say i should have counselling i will probably freak out... im just hoping for an easy way out like an anti-depressant that will work to be honest. I take a long time to open up when im talking directly.