Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Infected Blister?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I do believe my blister is infected. It is not especially large or painful, but I took a plaster off today to find it oozing puss.

Anybody know a quick way to treat this which doesn't involve amputation?

Comments

• Options
    Go see your doc. Infected blisters can become serious business.
  • Options
    see a Dr for a blister? seems a bit excessive.
  • Options
    It's probably not infected. Put savlon or some other antiseptic thing on it, under the plaster if you're wearing plasters. If you start get tracking marks, which is redness up the blood vessels then go to A&E straight away, but if you don't have this then I would reckon it's fine to not see a medical professional unless it's worrying you.

(I don't have medical training but have had an infection in the past. My infection was in a tiny cut on my foot, and I knew it was sore, but the tracking marks were what caused me to go seek help.)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    see a Dr for a blister? seems a bit excessive.

Infected blister. Thats a lot of nasties near an open wound with a good blood supply.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Infected blister. Thats a lot of nasties near an open wound with a good blood supply.
    :yes:

I used to let my burns blister and then get infected and it was horrible. Nasty nasty nasty. Used to make me really ill as well. The doctor can give you a cream that should help clear it up.