Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[May Bring Discomfort] Suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

I don't really understand law too much so i was wondering you guys could help simplify things. In no way do i want to commit suicide, just asking questions okay :)

1. What would happen if i committed suicide and succeded? To family, friends, bank balance etc?

2. What would happen if i tried. But someone called the police and they pulled me back and stopped me?

3. What happens if someone called the police? And they arrived and i bottled it?

4. What happens if i tell someone im going to do it, and they can call the police, and they find me first?

5. Could anyone give me a brief simple summary of the laws on suicide. Weird questions i know, but i've always just wanted to ask.
Thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    If someone calsl the police, they'll come around and talk to you. They'll give you the choice of going to A&E - you can do this if you feel suicidal.
  • Options
    If you commited suicide, the police would open a case file about it, note that it was suicide, close the case file. I doubt there would be much further involment from then, unless someone else was invovled. Then it is another matter.
    And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the police can actually stop you killing yourself? Not unless you have an illigal weapon, like a gun. But if you are on a bridge or whatever, I always thought they had to talk you down, they couldn't actually come and get you? Don't know, might be wrong.

Xx