Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Blocking the magazine aisle

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This was a pet peeve for me in 1995, and remains so 15 years later. Back then, you could go to your mates, check out their mags until you've found one that you like. You can still do that now, but there is also the addition of Google. Very handy that isn't it?

Yes, I know I want to buy Future Music and have been buying the damn thing since 1995. So why do people still block my way? Grrr.

Rant of the day :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That pisses me off too! Any aisle though.

I hate when people block any aisle. Thats why I avoid the grocery store. Old ladies and their carts taking up the whole width of the aisle and you can say excuse me but the only way to get them to move is to move the cart yourself.

Or outside, when you are driving in the parking lot and dumbasses just walk down the middle of the aisle even though they can obviously see you driving, then dare to give you a dirty look when you honk to get them the hell out of the way!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing pisses me off more in supermarkets than bad manners with trolleys. It annoys me even more than seeing a bunch of chavvy-looking women yapping away at the ciggie counter. I don't think it's especially difficult to grasp how to control a trolley, is it? Let's see - if you need to stop for some reason, move to the side so that everyone else can get past. I mean, if you need to stop whilst driving, you don't just leave your car in the middle of the road, do you? Another one that drives me potty is seeing people coming out of aisles and not bothering to look at whether there's anyone else approaching them. As far as I'm concerned, the driving test should be changed to include a trolley proficiency test at the start. If you can't competently manoeuvre and control a trolley around a supermarket, you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the steering wheel of a car.

Whilst on the subject of supermarkets generally, I'd like to vent my spleen about a slightly different aspect of things. My girlfriend's got cerebral palsy and as such needs to use disabled parking spaces. Yet most times I go to a supermarket or to any car park, half the aforementioned spaces are taken by Chelsea tractors. And before any patsy trots out the line "oh, but they could have been driven by someone with a disability or been transporting someone with a disability", I have one answer for you. How come you never see their disabled cards - the ones you're supposed to display on the front of your vehicle to be allowed to use these spaces?

I think there must be some sort of unwritten rule that you have to be a certain grade of cunt or higher in order to drive one of these Chelsea tractors. It certainly seems to apply to at least 95% of their drivers anyway.