Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your home's location: likeable?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    Canterbury? I love Canterbury. I think everyone should come here.
    defo- no problem agreeing with you :)
  • Options
    i live about 3 miles away from a decent town...is decent enough for shopping, going out, public transport links, etc. i usually walk into town in about 35-40 minutes. we do have a little train station nearby and a bus stop that i could use to get into town but thats lazy :p

our local train station has decent connections. it goes from manchester to liverpool. i can be in manchester or liverpool in about 20-30 mins. not bad!

my place of work is 18 miles away so have to travel 36 miles each day but its not really a problem. the motorway is about 3 miles away and if everything is clear, i can normally get there in 25-30 mins.

the little place i live is actually really nice. at the end of my road is a massive country park type thing. its lovely. i live on a private estate (its about 10 years old now!) and the people here are lovely. its really quiet here and there doesn't seem to be any problems *touch wood*

i'm quite happy enough to stay here for a very long time tbh :)
  • Options
    I live in the centre of the capital city. 2mins walk to the shops and everything else.

Publication1-1.gif
  • Options
    I live in the centre of the capital city. 2mins walk to the shops and everything else.

City centres represent convenience, congestion and can be crowded!
  • Options
    I live in the middle of a town which is smackhead central - very convenient for the shops, transport etc but essentially a shithole....ah c'est la vie
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    City centres represent convenience, congestion and can be crowded!

it's not too bad here :)

Wellington City 179,466
    Lower Hutt City 97,701
    Upper Hutt City 38,415
    Porirua City 48,546
    Total four cities 364,128

L.Hutt, U.Hutt and Porirua are the outer cities.
  • Options
    it's not too bad here :)

Wellington City 179,466
    Lower Hutt City 97,701
    Upper Hutt City 38,415
    Porirua City 48,546
    Total four cities 364,128

L.Hutt, U.Hutt and Porirua are the outer cities.
    London defo has the 3 c though
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    I live up a mountain. We have a pub and lots of cows. No way you could be a recluse though........
    Are the cows a plus? I mean likeable........
  • Options
    I live on the edge of a village. Beyond us is part of the golf course and then countryside. According to wikipedia there are 1630 people in our village, but I think that must be in the area rather than the village itself.

There are two pubs, a fish and chip shop, a primary school, a Costcutter (shop), a chemist, a butcher's and a baker. There's also a farm that sells vegetables.

We live in a brand new house and it's perfect.
  • Options
    GothDetectives: Jealous. I would love to live in Wellington.
    Infinite Part Deux: Also jealous, that scenery is amazing.

I live about 10 mins walk from the centre of Cardiff. I like it because although I'm on quite a quiet residential street (so no noise at night unless the neighbours choose to have a barney) I'm so close to all the shops and nightlife there's always something to do and everything's convenient. Plus being in Cardiff you're not too far away from a park, the countryside or even the beach really. Overall I'm pretty happy...still love to live in Wellington one day though.
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Student suburbs can be quite an experience- good carefree atmosphere and arriving home late at night drunk

I'm hoping so, tho I am off put somewhat by stories of student houses being broken into and having messy streets more than other places.

Ah well, not a choice really as I cant afford city centre flat anymore, gonna have to get used to having to walk more than 10 minutes to uni/shops in the morning :eek: Shoukd be a lot quieter than where I live now tho, least there isn't a nightclub opposite my new house haha
  • Options
    I live in a nice wee village about 4 miles outside town. Community spirit is very great, people say hello to each other on the street, help each other out etc. Fuck all to do but plenty of pubs and town is a short journey away anyway so all good all good.
  • Options
    I guess it depends. Local milk is pretty awesome but they honk. Then again I rather like that countryside authenticity
    Yeah......an afternoon with pen and paper chart enjoying a casual time cow-spotting!
    Also, I'd guess that it's about 80% men here.:yes:
    driving tractors :)
  • Options
    I live in the only city in my country but am on the outskirts of it.

I really love it here, we just moved last December and it's such a friendly environment. I can't really describe it in just a few words, it's just awesome all around. :p It's very child-friendly (no streets to cross for kids), the stable area is 10 minutes walking distance away, I can be out of the city in 2 minutes and even if I work in the city centre it only takes me about 15 minutes to drive there.

The only thing I miss is not having a grocery store within a walking distance. All we have is a gas station and another one being built.
    I can drive to 3 cheap grocery stores within a 5 minute radius though.
  • Options
    I live quite near Brixton.

My area has a common near by and is really multicultural. It's great for being vegan, as places cater for you... Even better if you love South Asian food. It feels safe, is on the Northern Line, it's affordable and friendly.

I can't think of anywhere else in London I would rather live. This area is perfect for me.
  • Options
    i live in the middle of a forest, the nearest shop is about 6 miles away, and there.
    it's hideously boring when you're my age, but my sisters love it now they've left home, and only have to be there a bit at a time.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I live quite near Brixton.
    ................ It feels safe, is on the Northern Line, it's affordable and friendly.

I can't think of anywhere else in London I would rather live. This area is perfect for me.
    I wish the tube went to my part of London :(
  • Options
    I live in Kentish Town in London. It's in the London Borough of Camden and is on the Northern line. It's a good place to live.
  • Options
    I live 7 miles from the centre of london which takes about 15 mins on the train which is a 5 min walk from my house and there are trains every 10 mins - i'm a 25 min walk from the nearest tube (or a short bus Journey) the same from 2 pretty excellent town centres, 10 mins from my nearest supermarket which is marks and spencers and 5 mins from a shop and excellent take away. 10 mins from a lovely small park and 15 from a lovely heath and a massive park. Plus only 20 mins to bluewater.

I love where i live but i wish we could afford a slightly bigger house with a slightly bigger garden but unf i don't have the odd million lying round to enable that. Plus the schools are a bit crap so if i did it would all need to go on private education - humpf
  • Options
    I live on the outskirts of Brighton. Can get into Brighton in 40 minutes on the bus and that has all the entertainment i need. All my local town has is shops and a load of pubs, which isnt good as I'm not a massive drinker.
  • Options
    I live half way between London and Cambridge- love the location :)
  • Options
    :shocking: