Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hydrocortisone cream.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For if it is worse and needs stronger treatment...

It's like... some cuts will need a plaster, some will need a bandage.
    Xx
  • Options
    Most of the time the cream is enough. sometimes it isn't. I figured getting you to go once would be hard enough, so going for the full on treatment would be better.
  • Options
    I only get thrush after my period and it's not that bad, just really itchy. What do you reccomend?
  • Options
    if it's a reoccuring problem and it bothers you then i'd go ask the gp
  • Options
    Im pretty sure if you get thrush more than twice a year its classed as recurring and your meant to see a doc so you can get a more effective treatment
  • Options
    I'd be too ashamed. I'll just buy Canesten Duo.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure if you get thrush more than twice a year its classed as recurring and your meant to see a doc so you can get a more effective treatment

Yeah, I do get it more than twice a year.
  • Options
    well if you go to the drs they'd probably be able to give you something stronger so that you dont get it all the time.

But i would chose momentary embarassment over pretty chronic discomfort, but hey thats just me
  • Options
    You are getting really good advice on what to do and you just dont seem to want to take it. Honestly no offence intended but why ask these questions if your just going to do what you want anyways.

I'd say go to the doctors, theyve seen this stuff loads of times and there not going to think badly of you so you have no need to be ashamed. X
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    I only get thrush after my period and it's not that bad, just really itchy.

Might not be thrush, tbh. I used to get itchy after my period, thought it was thrush, saw my docs and it turned out to actually be a reaction to the sanny products I was using! Changed brand, problem solved :thumb:

Thrush isn't something to be ashamed of, anyway. It's mega common in women because of the way our plumbing is. Neither a doctor or a pharmacist would bat an eyelid.
  • Options
    Why is it so common?
    And I use all different brands. Sometimes my period is so light, all I need is a change of underwear half way through the day.
  • Options
    My point is that self-diagnosis is not a good idea, and it's not always what you think.

It just IS common. We all have a delicate balance down there, and something as simple as being on antibiotics or wearing tight pants can upset it. It's just a normal, albeit unfortunate, part of being a woman.
  • Options
    You can read our article on thrush here Lyric, is you'd like to understand thrush a little more - plus lots of links on the page to more detailed ladybits health info :thumb:
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    It's also worth bearing in mind that it's an important thing to get over feeling embarressed about seeing a Doctor Lyric. They won't be embarressed themselves and they won't judge you, they are confidential and are there to help.

It can be difficult to start going to a GP if you've never seen them about something so personal before - but if you can take that step then it'll make things a lot easy in the future if you have other problems turn up.

Oh and if you want a more detailed overview then here's the NHS Choices article on thrush - but again, it's really worth seeing your GP if it's a regular thing :)
  • Options
    I went the chemist and it was shut :')
  • Options
    Hey lyric,

Just in addition to Jim's post about going to the doctors, you can request a female doctor or nurse which may make it easier. It is definately worth getting checked out though.

As for the chemist being shut you could google a late night one near you or theres always bigger supermarket stores.

Take care :heart:
  • Options
    You just need to get over your embarrassment.
    My GP is lovely and funny and sometimes I'm embarrassed to see her cos it seems like I've seen her a lot this year already, but she's seen my muffin as well as my bumhole. It's embarrassing, but if you want to stop having an itchy minge or feel like you're shitting bricks, then you just have to fucking do it!

Here's another hint from experience - don't have sex while you have thrush. Just brings it back out again and itchy itch itch!
    Oh but you won't listen so never mind.
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    They've seen it all before.
  • Options

Here's another hint from experience - don't have sex while you have thrush. Just brings it back out again and itchy itch itch!

Can he catch thrush off me?
  • Options
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Can he catch thrush off me?

Yes, he can. Plus it's not very pleasant for you. Your best bet is no sex til it's gone.
  • Options
    Well it hasn't been itching me so I think it's gone and we didn't have sex today.
  • Options
    You really need to get your boyfriend to see his gp to, it is likely he will have it and you will just keep passing it to each other. It will only involve him applying cream to the end of his little soldier nothing to dramatic.
  • Options
    Haha, little soldier. I feel ashamed talking to him about it though..
  • Options
    No need to feel ashamed Lyric its very very common most people will have it at some point i have had it several times myself and im not embarrased to say so
  • Options
    I've had it 3 times in my life.
    Once when I was 17, real nasty bout of it DURING my period too. Then again a small dose a month later. Then recently in early Nov.

There we go. I'm unashamed. Get it sorted or you will keep itching your minge.
  • Options
    I think I've had it during my period too.. And you can't itch down there on your period so it's worse.
  • Options
    Yeah you can, it will just be a bit messy :p