Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"General Anxiety Disorder - GAD"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever been diagnosed with this?
Or anyone know much about it...?

Been wondering whats wrong with me recently, and sort of come to the conclusion this is it! A lot of the info says Drs don't generally diagnose it though as symptoms are similar to depression and stress so it gets missed out.

Basically it seems like its when normal things, cause you worry. Like you have a lower level of tolerating the worry compared to other people, or that little things cause you an out of proportion worry to the actual thing...

Anyone any thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    If you go to the NHS and say you feel you may have anxiety/depression they will give you an assessment for both at the same time, since the conditions are usually linked. It will consist of questions like "I feel like the world is going to end.. [all the time] [most of the time] [on occasion] [never]".

Anyway, once they've diagnosed you they can work on helping you treat first the symptoms and then eventually the underlying causes.
  • Options
    Hey penguin85 :wave:

Like ShyBoy's said if you go the the doctor and explain how you've been feeling/what's been happening with you they will carry out an assessment.

I'd avoid making a self diagnosis as really your symptons could fit into different categories but if you did see a doctor maybe you could mention what you've read on General Anxiety Disorder.

Also maybe have a look at the site's anxiety and stress info.

Let us know what you think,

dp