Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Men that don't want sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and he has never really wanted sex. Is that weird? He says its not me but what else am I to think.

Personally in the past I have never had a very high sex drive with previous partners but with him I want it all the time. I can't stop thinking about it. Even if we have sex in the morning by night time I want it again.

I need help here...He is a wonderful man in every other aspect but this is a problem.

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've never been a boyfriend but the truth is I'm just not interested in sex and never have been (without really being asexual).
    I can't offer certainty, but the possibility certainly exists that it's not you, just like he says.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    some people just arent that interested in sex. It doesnt mean its your fault. Its almost certainly down to them and their own hormone levels or whatever.
    It is up to you whether you want to live like that though. Its not wrong for you to want a relationship where sex plays a part in it
    I've never been a boyfriend but the truth is I'm just not interested in sex and never have been (without really being asexual).
    I can't offer certainty, but the possibility certainly exists that it's not you, just like he says.

Well, to be fair, you are never really interested in oxygen until you are about to suffocate.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, you are never really interested in oxygen until you are about to suffocate.
    Well, to be fair, maybe I've been suffocating for years but can breathe other things.
    Well, to be fair, maybe I've been suffocating for years but can breathe other things.

Well, to be fair, no.
    Is it weird? Well, most people probably do want sex in a relationship so from that point of view it's not usual, but I wouldn't say it' weird. I've never had or wanted sex when I've been in a relationship (and I'm a man) - though I obviously did fancy the women in question! Had a one night stand pretty much as an experiment once to see what the fuss was about - it didn't really do anything for me so to speak. Then again, I do think of myself as somewhat asexual - it's entirely possible he could be. If so then as long as you can compromise (which seems to be the case) there's no reason why you couldn't keep your relationship going. It's possible that your sex drive seems so high because you might be getting sex less frequently than you were used to in prior relationships.

hmmmm... maybe that's where I'm going wrong. :chin:

:lol: Love it.