Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

why are people stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
nm

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because they choose not to learn
    3rd year at uni seems to turn people into narrow sighted, goal driven, purely individual focussed people.

not everyone before i get shot down. these are my ramblings and i dont feel great so take with a pinch of salt or pepper.

i get told to ignore certain things in favour of my studies because this year is 'important'. how can you ignore real life?
    Ah, I see. It's about prioritising. I have prioritised things for grades this year, but once uni is over, those things will get my full attention again. Yes, it is about being focused, driven, and goal oriented in a selfish way. It's only temporary though.
    i can prioritise but i dont think i can shut everything off in life completely. i'd still want to feel involved. maybe i just dont place as much emphasis on getting a first as other people do. i just wanted to go to university.
    There's no right or wrong way of going about it, just try to get out of u niversity what you want, the things that ARE your priorities.

x
    thankoop :)