Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going, going, gone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is the latest thing I have written. What do you guys think? :p Shall I keep writing or end it there? Likes? Dislikes? Criticisms? Thank you. (:

Absent mindedly driving along the road to to the bay, my battered landrover smelling of stale cigarette smoke, summer, and sea salt. I saw her on the beach, I studied her, too afraid to speak, I knew she meant harm, I knew she was fake. Her hair long and brown, her body touched by the sun, so beautiful and yet such a mystery. She would remain a part of my past, never to become the present, or needless to say, the future. I never said hello, I never needed to say goodbye. I pondered my life as I meandered down the bay, sand encroaching between my toes, sun gently unravelling across my back. I allowed my hair dance the song of the bay, baby blue ribbons blowing fervently in the breeze. The serene sounds of the ocean, undisturbed tranquillity lulling me into a state of dreaminess. Leisurely wandering back to the car, allowing my mind to wonder into insurmountable dreams and unobtainable adventures.

Throwing numerous objects onto the backseat, from coats to hair straighteners, no time for planning, no idea where I would end up or when I would return. They always said, "Goodbye is only painful when you know you'll never say hello again," this goodbye didn't hurt, it wasn't painful. It was all part of moving onwards, part of changing myself and what I would become. This was my attempt at forgetting the past. As I drove down the single track road away from the place I had called home for so many years I felt a great weight leaving my shoulder, I knew this was for the better. I drove in directions unknown, sand coated the floor of my car. I embraced the unfamiliar roads, my fresh situation. I drove until exhaustion hit me, the sun unfolding unto a beautiful array of colours, informing me that the day almost complete. The beautiful essence of long summer days penetrated my ever tissue, but I couldn't stop driving until I attained invincibility and freedom. I allowed impulse to overtake me and run over all the remaining sanity holding me together. Directionless and alone, was this the way I would always be?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like it, good imagery used, yet im a bit confused about the brown haired girl?:confused: Kepp writing!:thumb: