Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how do i SHOW him that i love him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead: :confused: my boyfriend and i have been together for almost a year now and lately it seems like he needs me to show him how much i love him.ive been through a lot in my life which my guard up, especially when it comes to emotions so u can imagine how hard this is for me to do, not to mention he is my first real boyfriend. hed ask me what i was i thinking and things like that so in ordervto tell him, i got into the habit of writing it all down-all those thoughts i couldnt say out loud. but lately he feels like this isnt enough, he wants more than words he wants actions. i feel the same, i have for a while. i want to show him how much i love him, but i dont know how, pleas help me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try to talk to him about your happiest memory... "Because I love you so much, I want to share all my life with you. I want to tell you about the time..."

It can be hard to talk, but to be shut out, separated by a fence of pen and ink can be very frustrating - the writing was a great first step, but that's not the communication of best friends.
    yes hes says the writing was good at first but now it feels like hes failing at trying to get me to take action, its likee he wants some big gesture r something. the onlly reason i say that s because that kind of stuff i can do, its whn it comes to how i feel or wats on mind or wats been bugging me even though i didnt know anything was.
    why doesn't your bf show how much he loves YOU?
    he tries, succeeds, and some how still feels as if hes failed. for example he bough me a promise ring and had me prromise that if high drama broke us apart we would try once more aftr we graduate, hes me first real boyfriend and has not once taken advantage of that fact, hes as patient as he can possibly be with me(obviously) which is way more patient than i could ever be. hes even bought me a glass rose, because roses represent love but reall ones die. glass roses never die, and even if they break they can be fixed.
    geneve wrote: »
    Maybe he needs to try to understand that you give love in a different way. Not everyoe is exactly the same, some people don't like to say I love you but yet are totally committed and happy with the relationship. I would really press to find out exactly what he expects from you, although it already sounds somewhat unresonable. There's no point in forcing people to do things as then it becomes un-genuine!
    i agree with you, i do say i love you, but its hard for me to prove it, i dont know how, everything i think of feels like its not enough(not for him but to really show how much) and i think its just because right now he just feels really insecure and needs to be reassured
    yea, he said he would work on it too, its my fault hes acting insecure, i started talking to this guy, and a lot of wat i said sounded like flirting, so right now his i dea of how much i love him may be a little clouded, i just want him to know how much i love him, not just tell him