Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to stop caring?

Hey guys.

Apologies for making another one of these threads but this will be the last one.

I know this might sound stupid but how do you stop caring/fancying somone?

I was chatting with my lady friend today after a month of not speaking (due to reading weeks and workload) and the conversation topics actually got me going. She was saying that she hates living here and wants to travel and that she will never see some people in uni again. She was being pretty negative.

The thing is, we only have a short amount of time left in uni and a MASSIVE workload. I don't want to screw up my whole degree over a girl but she's on my mind more and more often these days. I STILL haven't got a clue whether she likes me or not but at this point, what does it matter. It seems I care about her but she doesn't care about me. I don't really want to have these feelings if I'm never going to see her again.

What do I do?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to be honest with the girl and flat out ask her what kinds of feelings she has towards you. If they're not beyond the friend mark, then simply forget about her by making yourself busy.
  • Options
    Either talk to her and tell her how you feel, or shut the feelings away and concentrate on finishing your degree, while keeping in touch with her but not enough so it will drive you mad. You are right, you do not want to muck up the end of your degree over someone. You also need to keep in mind that she also might be stressed about the end of her degree as well.
  • Options
    Its the fact that she said "I won't see people after uni". I think she means even me. So I feel like I wasted my time. On the other hand though, if I did nothing, I'd still be miserable. Its like your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

I just wonder why she tells me such personal stuff and talks to me about these things than other people.
  • Options
    wats worth, knowing that she cares about u and is still leaving, knowing she doesnt care about you as much r the same way u care about her, or not knowing and being left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life?