Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Partnership shares - Will it be worth it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I don't really understand how shares work as such and I've been invited to join my company's partnership share programme.

My boyfriend and his dad do this where they work and it's been a really nice earner for them (his dad just cashed in enough to buy a custom made motorbike).

I would like to join as a way of saving, as obviously it's taken out of my pay before tax and NI etc. However I'm a little bit ambivalent because of the industry I work in. Local publishing.

I trained as a journalist and I know that it's dying, I don't think it'll ever be extinct but I do believe that the highs that people had a few years ago have been crushed by the recent rise of the Internet. My boyfriend doesn't have this predicament as he works for a very evil company coughdefenseevilgunmakingpeoplecough, who obviously do well outside of bad times and do really well in bad times.

What have people's experiences been with this kind of scheme. I don't want to whack in say £50 a month and for it all to be a big old waste of time!