Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soraliah wrote: »
    I met a guy in the supermarket on monday (never thought that would ever happen!) and he asked me out :yes: going out to dinner tonight and im rather excited!

ooh and my mum just bought me these this morning as a welcome home present :hyper: looove em! i think i must have got one of the last pairs too cuz theyre out of stock now! lucky moi

http://www.asos.com/Dolce-Vita/Dolce-Vita-Lana-Zip-Detail-Platform-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=939214&cid=4172&Rf-100=Shoes+-+Heeled&sh=0&pge=4&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black
    I LOVE those shoes.
    oh i was surprised she agreed to get them too!

i think she actually felt like she had to get me something because she's just spent over 450 quid on prom dresses and shoes for my twin sisters. so i should thank my sisters too i guess!

of course, she probably wont buy me anything ever again after them :yeees:
    best essay mark since first year :) my tutor is really really nice but still wheeee! i brought it home to show my mum because i'm sad :blush: needed something good to happen today
    A girl I am infatuated with and got to know on the Sunday two weeks ago is away on holiday for two weeks and returns on wednesday. I was thinking about her a lot and am looking forward to meet her again.
    Well today has been a very shit day for me. Like, major shit. This morning was shit, this afternoon was shit, this evening was shit... still is shit.
    But, I early completed another level on one of my games. I was quite impressed, has taken me months!
    Xx
    I got really good marks for all my uni projects this year. Including the one I thought was a load of rubbish. :D
    I'm drunk!!!!!! :hyper:
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I'm drunk!!!!!! :hyper:

:lol: :thumb:
    i had sex for the first time in just under 5 months on saturday night :hyper:
    yay!
    details?

or should I say, photos or it didn't happen?
    My chinese pear seeds have sprouted! It's just been about a week since I planted them too.

My mint refuses to rear its head though, it's been planted for over two weeks. There goes my home grown summer Mojito...

I'm dead excited about growing a pear tree. :hyper:
    I will probably work on my bachelor degree longer than expected, because we have amazing results. My tutor said we might be shortly before publishing the whole findings, which would be awesome, because bachelor papers usually do not yield enough for publishing.

But they recompense me with a practical course which gives me enough semester periods per week that I need in the Masters, so even if I am working longer than others on my paper I work in advance for my master degree (where I have to make certain hours of practical courses I can freely choose) and I have the chance to publish my research results which is a huge step for someone doing only a bachelor (some master students are struggling to find fields of research that yield good enough results to promulgate).

So that makes me kinda happy.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I will probably work on my bachelor degree longer than expected, because we have amazing results. My tutor said we might be shortly before publishing the whole findings, which would be awesome, because bachelor papers usually do not yield enough for publishing.

But they recompense me with a practical course which gives me enough semester periods per week that I need in the Masters, so even if I am working longer than others on my paper I work in advance for my master degree (where I have to make certain hours of practical courses I can freely choose) and I have the chance to publish my research results which is a huge step for someone doing only a bachelor (some master students are struggling to find fields of research that yield good enough results to promulgate).

So that makes me kinda happy.

:thumb:
    im happy cuz

im happy cuz my dads bought me a scientific calculator nd i stood up 2 my sisters bullies bu der bad thing about tha is im getting picked on nw 2
    I saw How to Train your Dragon and it is now my favourite movie. Love it to pieces!
    Bit the bullet and just phoned up the love interest (for the first time).

Going out, oh em gee I'm psyched :hyper:
    oo matt! that's great! and congrats about the course too :)
    I've been looking at internships abroad for after my degree instead of a masters (too expensive!). Found a pretty good one that's not that expensive. Only I dunno wether to do the 5 or 10 week one. The 10 week one you get an extra (really useful) qualification but it's alot more money and doesn't include flights. Hmm decisions, I'll need to start saving again immediately after africa. :(
    oo matt! that's great! and congrats about the course too :)

Oh yes, it was really nice. I expected a bit more progress, but you know what they say, have patience with the important stuff... Actually I don't think there are any 'they' who said that, just pulled that out of my nose, but wow, I want that girl, hope it works out.
    im happy cuz my dads bought me a scientific calculator

you what! me thinks theres some lieing going on!
    . (cant delete this post sorry :p)
    MeganM wrote: »

as does me...
    Xx
    I got sent home an hour early from work today :D.

Simple things, eh...
    Well in the last few days:
    - I've come home to a freshly decorated room
    - I've got myself a decent working laptop
    - I've not had to put up with someone slamming doors at 3.35am.
    I went zip-lining today. :D Awesome stuff, will do it again soon.
    MeganM wrote: »

What about lying? Whats the difference between that and a regular calculator? Google tells me "scientific calculator" is about $15-20... http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=scientific+calculator&um=1&resnum=4&ie=UTF-8&ei=_l26S4aNE4H_8Ab7nZWUCQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CC4QrQQwAw unless it is a graphing one, but we had to have those for school anyhow.
    haha!
    aren't scientif calculators just the ones with lots of buttons?

but anyway, good news...my cat just sat down next to me and didn't spit in my face again? it seems she's broken the habit of a lifetime
    its not about the calculator its just about something else.
    grace wrote: »
    aren't scientif calculators just the ones with lots of buttons?

but anyway, good news...my cat just sat down next to me and didn't spit in my face again? it seems she's broken the habit of a lifetime

this made me :lol: so that's good news