Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

relatively happy/good news thread

24567196

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Had an interview today and I think it went really went :)

    Will hear monday...just trying not to get my hopes up too much!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have been doing burlesque lessons for a year or so now and my group's putting on their first ever show tomorrow - I am so excited and looking forward to it! Although I'm not quite sure the fact I will be wearing a pair of black sequinned hotpants on stage in front of 200 people has quite hit me yet...:chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    I bought a pair of shoes costing £380 and don't feel in the least bit guilty!
    PS - why has no-one commented on this yet? Where are the pictures - I need shoe porn :D Are they Louboutins?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IM HOME!!! :D

    Been travelling for nearly a year and 5 months now, and i got home on wednesday afternoon!

    despite missing travelling already (even tho ive been back less than 2 days!) Tis lovely seeing all my family and friends again, and i was particularly happy to find that my rather stupid dogs havent actually forgotten about me! They were in fact rather joyous to behold me, and it made me very happy!!

    On top of that, my mum made me shepards pie to welcome me back, and it made me realise how much stuff ive actually missed! .. home cooked food in particular!
    Ohhh lasagne tonight :yum: god ive missed my mums' cooking!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm actually working on my thesis now!!! 236 words written today and I just got started, woo!

    I'm also glad because I've been drilling holes in walls and getting things one at home. I can finally envision my windows being curtained up soon! Strung up a wire for the kitchen curtains and bought curtain material (going to hand-make them).

    Oh, and I'm planning on making some cute handmade pattern on the curtains for the bloke's daughter. She wanted ugly pink disney princess curtains and I don't so I decided to make something kiddy with a unicorn/princess and a pegasus/prince and so far I think it'll look awesome. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soraliah wrote: »
    IM HOME!!! :D

    Been travelling for nearly a year and 5 months now, and i got home on wednesday afternoon!

    despite missing travelling already (even tho ive been back less than 2 days!) Tis lovely seeing all my family and friends again, and i was particularly happy to find that my rather stupid dogs havent actually forgotten about me! They were in fact rather joyous to behold me, and it made me very happy!!

    On top of that, my mum made me shepards pie to welcome me back, and it made me realise how much stuff ive actually missed! .. home cooked food in particular!
    Ohhh lasagne tonight :yum: god ive missed my mums' cooking!!!

    Awww nice!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Went for a few drinks with a nice girl last night. :) Feeling really happy with the way things are going there, and to think I was miserable as fuck a couple of months ago.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Got a letter from my cousin today, made me smile :)
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soraliah wrote: »
    IM HOME!!! :D

    Welcome back! :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    had an interview today, they told me i would hear by late next week, and within 6 hours they'd called me asking me in for a second interview and a trail on the shop floor. :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    THIS is DEFINATLY the best thing I've done all year...
    Emailed the samaritans.
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    THIS is DEFINATLY the best thing I've done all year...
    Emailed the samaritans.
    Xx

    Well done hun, so proud of you :D :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm (almost certainly) going to South Africa in August to spend 2 weeks on a game reserve. Then possibly going to canada for a week not long after to visit family. I'm also going to edinburgh for 5 days soon....and I haven't done any travelling for nearly 2 years!! It's rather exciting (but expensive) :hyper:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm (almost certainly) going to South Africa in August to spend 2 weeks on a game reserve. Then possibly going to canada for a week not long after to visit family. I'm also going to edinburgh for 5 days soon....and I haven't done any travelling for nearly 2 years!! It's rather exciting (but expensive) :hyper:

    Ohh doing anything exciting in the 'burgh?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohh doing anything exciting in the 'burgh?

    Doing some studies at the zoo for part of an assignment. I also want to explore the city but don't think I'll get much time :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I finally have the answers my parents have been waiting for for the last 20 years. Not too happy they only found out after making me wait around in a waiting room for 4 hours, having to do a test (again) that I can't stand and unable to see anything for about half an hour.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    Haha, I can't find any pictures of them online, I got them in Milano so all the websites are in this craaaazy language with lots of a's and o's! Lame! They're not Louboutins, they're by Giuseppe Zanotti. He = :yes:

    Ooh well just as good, his shoes are :yum: I'm jealous!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm (almost certainly) going to South Africa in August to spend 2 weeks on a game reserve.

    :hyper:
    Jealous.

    Take winter clothes lol.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .Leanne. wrote: »
    :hyper:
    Jealous.

    Take winter clothes lol.

    Yeah lol, the cabins we sleep in aren't heated either so going to need thermals and lots of layers! I should find out if I got on by mid week, we had to write a 500 proposal on why we should go, I've been saving since I started uni so that should be reason enough! I'm not running off to get mummy and daddy to pay like most people....but I couldn't really say that :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I have been doing burlesque lessons for a year or so now and my group's putting on their first ever show tomorrow - I am so excited and looking forward to it! Although I'm not quite sure the fact I will be wearing a pair of black sequinned hotpants on stage in front of 200 people has quite hit me yet...:chin:

    Pictures please :eek::D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    I bought a pair of shoes costing £380 and don't feel in the least bit guilty!
    :crazyeyes Women and shoes!!!!:rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I have been doing burlesque lessons for a year or so now and my group's putting on their first ever show tomorrow - I am so excited and looking forward to it! Although I'm not quite sure the fact I will be wearing a pair of black sequinned hotpants on stage in front of 200 people has quite hit me yet...:chin:

    :thumb: Wicked.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The show went really well! I loved it...turns out I'm more of a show-off than I thought :blush: and we raised over £1500 for charity. Here's a pic (the only one of me in the hotpants I'm prepared to share!!) - we did a dance to All That Jazz from Chicago (I'm the one with the dark curly hair second from the right)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    The show went really well! I loved it...turns out I'm more of a show-off than I thought :blush: and we raised over £1500 for charity. Here's a pic (the only one of me in the hotpants I'm prepared to share!!) - we did a dance to All That Jazz from Chicago (I'm the one with the dark curly hair second from the right)

    i want your legs!!!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :D Thanks - trust me though that is just a randomly flattering picture, they don't look like that in all the pics or in real life sadly (hence me only posting up this picture!)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    happy cos i'm 18 and i might just be slightly very merry for the 3rd day running :D
    also getting on VERRYYY well with a girl for once :D:D:D:D:D:D:D YARHHGG!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    woww stupidgirl you look awesome! im jealous, burlesque classes sound amaze.x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm so happy that science has proved evolution wrong .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    The show went really well! I loved it...turns out I'm more of a show-off than I thought :blush: and we raised over £1500 for charity. Here's a pic (the only one of me in the hotpants I'm prepared to share!!) - we did a dance to All That Jazz from Chicago (I'm the one with the dark curly hair second from the right)

    F.I.T.:naughty:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I :heart: burlesque
Sign In or Register to comment.