Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 656 Extreme Poster

Took a long time to do but my fav neckless I tangled 2 hours after I got it nearly 6 years ago, I can finally wear it. 

I might be a carer but doing this has helped me get some time to untangle my life in terms of my neckless. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 1,969 Staff Moderator
    Such a lovely necklace @Abigail! It takes me so long to untangle them when this happens! Well done for fixing it :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 1,969 Staff Moderator
    I am 1 month hospital free!  =)  also after a difficult month with flying to London, my friends death and my stalker being a pain, for the first time since last June I've managed a full month at work! No days off for mental health :) looking forward to a proper wage this month  B)  <3 
    Well done Bubbles! Really great to hear you had a good time at the awards in London <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Posts: 2,116 Mega Poster
    Found my special necklace yesterday what we all have with some of Nana B ashes in ❤️ On thé front is some footprints and this on the back 

You have a purpose.
  • independent_independent_ Boards Baby ScotlandPosts: 1,213 Fanatical Poster
    Managed to get my sister a birthday present for a reeeeeeeeally good price today, wanted to get a bottle of perfume for her so I went to superdrug and they were selling the one I was looking at for £20 for 100ml! Huge saving so guess what? I got one for her and one for myself! We've all gotta treat ourselves occasionally don't we?
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 I am the Sultan. I am me. South EastPosts: 1,713 Postholic
    Had an absolutely awesome day today. This is Harvey, one of the cats from a cat cafe I went to. 
    So salaam worthy friend. Come back soon! That's the end.  Till another Arabian night! A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming. A whole new world, with new horizons to pursue. I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world, that's where I'll be. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,450 Mega Poster
    New clothes came today and I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally own this top :lol:   <3

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I officially Passed had GCSE English 🥳

You have a purpose.
    edited March 31
    I officially Passed had GCSE English 🥳

Congratulations.  That is what you absolutely deserve.
    So salaam worthy friend. Come back soon! That's the end.  Till another Arabian night! A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming. A whole new world, with new horizons to pursue. I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world, that's where I'll be. 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Future musician Posts: 1,546 Postholic
    Nothing exciting here - only that my mom's neighbour has met Chester Charles Bennington!!!!!! :D Seriously not joking!! My mom seems to be about to befriend or even date a guy who's met my role model. I'm going to have a heart attack lol. AAAAHHHHH.

I'm sorry just hyped. :joy:
    When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind - Linkin Park

Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls, everytime that you lose it sing it for the world - MCR
    Lol my friend is so caring and funny. Let me just share part of our recent conversation. Try not to laugh. No referring us for mental health checks. 😂😉

Friend: Are you ok?

Me: Not really. Elbow still hurts. I know what you'll say. So let me say it for you. GET THE HELL TO HOSPITAL MOO MOO. There you go

Friend: COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

Me: Lol

Friend: Now get yo butt to da hospital 

Me: How do I ask my mum to take me without scaring her though? I can't trust my dad to drive without killing me. His driving is awful. I could ring my sister.

Friend: Just tell her your elbow got worse. Ok~?

Me: She doesn't know I hurt it at all though.

Friend: Just tell her or you could end up hurting yourself more.

Me: Ok. If I forget I'll definitely tell her tomorrow. I promise.

Friend: Ok.

Me: I once left a broken toe for the whole weekend. So I'm sure an injured elbow can last a few more hours.

Friend: 😳 HOW

Me: We were waiting to see how bad the swelling was before making the decision of whether to go to urgent care.

Friend: AND NO GO TO YOUT MUM AND TELL HER YOUNG MISSY OR I WIL CHASE YOU WITH MY CHANCLA. A.k.a shoe.

Me: Ahhh heck. Lol. Ok ok. 

Friend: 😊thank you

Don't worry about the threat. My friend was only joking. And it is true that I left a broken toe all weekend. But don't worry because it is fully healed now. 
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,819 The Mix Elder
    Feel bit better now. Swear is cause have my hair up(normally have it down most times) and feels freer lol and maybe cause is different. And probs helped have got really lovely messages from friend had been ignoring
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
    Kasa2103
    edited April 4
    It feels so nice to just put your head out of a window at this time(late ish). It feels so still and freash and get all the nice freash air without putting whole body out there to feel the cold. And is dark and no one out. And i think the air is actually different when not durning the day - because less car and polution (tho im not too sure could of just made that up) the air does feel different. And in the early morning and quite nice. Makes me more mindful. 
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
    JellyelephantLaineKasa2103
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 1,228 Fanatical Poster
    Wifey's on the overnight coach and she'll be here for a whole two weeks tomorrow morning  <3
    LaineKasa2103
    Aw my friend is so cute. She sent me a facebook post that she made all the way in 2014 about our friendship lol. And she is pregrant  so thats exciting tho is quite early. 
    LaineKasa2103
    My tutor has actually  been helpful for once in the whole time I’ve been college and is sorting out a lift pass but in the mean time is allowing me to use it without it 
    You have a purpose.
    LaineKasa2103
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,333 Fanatical Poster
    Glad to hear that @Millie2787 ;
    I just take ours when nobody is looking which really isn't a good thing to do but it works so far 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    Laine said:
    Glad to hear that @Millie2787 ;
    I just take ours when nobody is looking which really isn't a good thing to do but it works so far 😂
    @laine hahaha my sister was given one for a term when she was there and used it the whole 2 years she was there 😂😂
    You have a purpose.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Noob Posts: 645 Extreme Poster
    I’m so excited to be a nurse!!!!! Can’t calm down!!!!!!’ 
    LaineShaunieKasa2103
    Omgggg im sooo excited to hopefully end up becoming a peer support worker and uses ny experience of mental health to help others as a job!!!!!!!!

its made me want to focus a lot on getting myself better too lol. 
    JellyelephantLaineKasa2103
    Finally getting a hopefully some what decent break staying with my sister tonight and maybe tomorrow night 
    You have a purpose.
    Kasa2103LaineShaunie
    @Millie2787 I am so happy to hear that. You absolutely deserve a break. Is anyone looking after your mum and brother whilst you have a break? So happy for you. ❤
    I dont want to die
    Kathleen07Kasa2103LaineRileydavcr0ck
    Louie has now found his forever home with us ❤️

You have a purpose.
    Kasa2103AbigailBubblesGoesBooLaineButterfly23
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,450 Mega Poster
    The mighty are going to publish my story!  =)  =)  =)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Kathleen07Aife
    Going out to get lunch stuff for my lunches when i start training monday. Hoping it dont rain on me ah
    Laine
    Shaunie said:
    Need help lol. Been sitting in bed with a plain white screen since this morning. Finding so hard to get concentration

(From ranty thread.)

ive managed to start it. And since starting its getting easier. Im on my own personal break atm lol

My sisters tone of voice changed. 

She said she is really happy for me and am doing really good. and that if I want to take weekends off I should because it's best opportunity to do my best for my assessments. V cute she even said she can help with my assissgnents if need. Lol
    I am taking Dave (my little stuffed emotional support cow!) for a day out. Do you think the teachers will laugh at me or find it sweet? 
    Dave enjoyed his first ever taxi ride. 
    Laine