Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Meggles said:
    So proud of myself managed to go to my exam room , didn’t run away and didn’t get in a flap in there ! 
    Well done! Proud of you!
    Meggles said:
    So proud of myself managed to go to my exam room , didn’t run away and didn’t get in a flap in there ! 
    Well done! Proud of you!
    Thank You !!! Means a lot 💙
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    Looked at loads of photos which had me and my Nan in them in a photo album that had a lot when I was about 13 & about 6 & others up to date ones on my dads Facebook. Was really nice remembering but kinda upsetting she is no longer alive 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    My sister has got a new job as a care assistant. Really happy for her.

But I feel like my family are ashamed of me. But at same time is kinda motivating for me. As my sister is doing the same as me as working in retail and now will only be me which I will like better tbh and hopefully maybe will motivate me more to leave & find something else 
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    College went well.  Got all my work done I missed. And got a distinction on my last assignment :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Next trip away booked :) love January sales lol  
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Can't beat January sales!  Waiting till I get paid so I can get more clothes haha 😂

Not any reason why in particular but just having a decent day personally :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Ok so I hadn’t updated my phone since about this time last year and I wondered why it was going so slow and the boards weren’t working properly on it... then I updated it and it’s all fine :) why didn’t I think of this sooner!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Guinea pig is squeaking loudly in excitement which is always lovely to hear. I don't deserve her! xoxo
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Dodie's new EP dropped today and I am so excited aaaaaah
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Really Hoping to be able to get dodie tickets for Birmingham on next pay day 😬 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I just found a little box of Lindors in my school bag, have no idea where they came from but I’m not complaining :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Woke up feeling more positive today, lets just hope it lasts! :) going out for coffee with my sister later so that will be good :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    It's snowed! I love the snow :D
  • Options
    I’m in such a high right now 😂😂😂😂😂

(disclamier not a drugs high ! Llooolll ) 
  • Options
    Soooooooooo I GOT THIS IN THE POST TODAY ! 

• Options
    My new headphones have arrived and so far they're pretty good :) The sound's weird though cause I'm used to earphones :lol:
  • Options
    I had to put my Maths qualification to good use for the first time this afternoon, we were analysing a set of psychology results. I’m relieved to say I haven’t forgot it all yet haha ;)
  • Options
    Confidence building workshop today and I’m quite looking forward to it 

This is how confident im gonna be after it ! 😂😂
  • Options
    I have fitted warbrodes in my room that was here before lived here so i havent really found this out. 
    But i have been wondering where most of my papers go and they go all the way at the back and then below tbe bottom draws. So Today i took the last draw out to find a load of papers i have lost lol. I am so stupid. But wouldnt of thought it cause the draws close the same way. 

Tempting to tell my sister but i now have a hiding place lol
  • Options
    I give blood on Monday and even though I’m terrified it’s going to be such a good feeling . 
  • Options
    One of my goals have been to eat one fruit a day - i know that sounds bad considering we should have 5day lol but for awhile my diet has been consited of restricting and then binging on junk which is just really unhealthy. 

But now i am managing to have atleast 2 a day. And today ive had 2 oranges and 2 apples and its really helping me to not binge so much (also trying to eat along side fruit)
  • Options
    Had such a good night at the awards  ... totally different to what I thought it would be and had so much fun, was good to see some of our colleagues from hotels all across the UK too. Didn't  win 😂 but got short listed for an award and also nominated for hotel of the year! ✌ 
  • Options
    I made stir fry tonight and for the first time in weeks I’ve attucally enjoyed this 
  • Options
    I am 1 month hospital free!  =)  also after a difficult month with flying to London, my friends death and my stalker being a pain, for the first time since last June I've managed a full month at work! No days off for mental health :) looking forward to a proper wage this month  B)  <3 
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family

Took a long time to do but my fav neckless I tangled 2 hours after I got it nearly 6 years ago, I can finally wear it. 

I might be a carer but doing this has helped me get some time to untangle my life in terms of my neckless. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Such a lovely necklace @Abigail! It takes me so long to untangle them when this happens! Well done for fixing it :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I am 1 month hospital free!  =)  also after a difficult month with flying to London, my friends death and my stalker being a pain, for the first time since last June I've managed a full month at work! No days off for mental health :) looking forward to a proper wage this month  B)  <3 
    Well done Bubbles! Really great to hear you had a good time at the awards in London <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Found my special necklace yesterday what we all have with some of Nana B ashes in ❤️ On thé front is some footprints and this on the back 

• Options
    Managed to get my sister a birthday present for a reeeeeeeeally good price today, wanted to get a bottle of perfume for her so I went to superdrug and they were selling the one I was looking at for £20 for 100ml! Huge saving so guess what? I got one for her and one for myself! We've all gotta treat ourselves occasionally don't we?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    Had an absolutely awesome day today. This is Harvey, one of the cats from a cat cafe I went to. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous